Play

"You don't need it anyway!", she called out and ran to the other room, the guitar pick in hand. "Don't you think that's for me to decide?", he replied mockingly and followed her slowly. She saw him calmly walk through the door, determined to snatch the pick back from her. She was determined not to let go, so she moved back, jumped on the bed and turned around. "No? You got plenty of other picks downstairs. I like this one.", she said, holding up her closed fist with the pick. He cocked his head to the side and raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Then he smiled and shook his head while starting to make a run for her. She jumped off the bed just as he jumped on and tried to grab her. "Not so fast you little rascal!", he yelled after her while turning around, but she was already heading for the kitchen. "Try and stop me!", she yelled back, already through the doorway. He ran after her and found that she had conveniently brought the kitchen table between them. Choosing the left side he chased her around the table clockwise a few times, smiling. Then he suddenly changed direction to catch her off guard, but instead of running into him she took a detour and disappeared into the living room where they had started out. The guitar was still sitting on the right side of the couch, so she headed for the left side, away from the door and threw a blanket over herself. Since he had followed close behind he saw her disappear under it and was immediately on top of her, pulling on the grey fluffy fabrik.
"I'm not here!", she said while giggling and trying to hold the blanket in place.
When her grip slipped, because she was still holding the pick in her hand he instantly pulled it off her and grabbed her arm. She already mentally perpared for that and instantly pinned her right arm to her body by grabbing her righ shoulder with the free hand and curling up into a ball. Since she held that shape he only managed to pull her around to face him. Their gaze met and they both narrowed their eyes and broke ouf into a mischievous grin.
If he wants it, he's gonna have to work for it, she thought while he brought his face closer to hers, still grinning.
"You really think I'm not gonna get it?", he asked, just a few inches from her face. They were both breathing a little heavy, loaded with the excitement of the chase.
Before she could respond he had closed the distance and passionately kissed her. She was caught off guard, but replied the kiss after a second. A big mistake, as the moment she lost herself in the kiss he sneakily caressed her arm and intertwined their fingers. He then suddenly pulled back and snatched the pick. While she was sulking and admitting defeat he laughed wholeheartedly. She couldn't be mad for longer than a few seconds and joined in his laughter. It was nice seeing him purely happy for a while.