Chapter 36 ~A Glimpse~

——————————————————

There was a familiar orangette sitting on a bed, a little orangette who was about 6 years old. He was looking out the window with eyes full of longing...

His head then turned towards someone, perhaps his Mother. He opened his mouth to say.

"Why can't I go out like other kids?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shoyo, wake up" Inuoka gently shakes Shoyo who was stirred awake.

Shoyo opened his eyes with a confused look, still completely blank. "...?"

"Its time to warm up" Inuoka says with a smile.

Shoyo nodded with a small yawn, he follows Inuoka in the middle of the gym. They sat down in circles and started their daily stretching.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight" Kuroo counted.

"Hey, I was wondering!" Yamamoto suddenly interrupted, but they were still stretching.

"What is it?" Yaku groaned.

"Eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one" Kuroo still continues to count in the background, but he was listening to what Yamamoto was about to say.

"Inuoka, how did you and Hinata meet?" Yamamoto curiously asks. Now this peaked everyone's interest. All of them already knows that they were childhood friends, but they don't know a lot about the two friends.

Inuoka hummed. "Well, we met at a playground when we were around six years old!"

Shoyo nodded. "...It was my first time going to a playground...So, I was a bit nervous."

They all listened to Shoyo.

"...But, Sou-chan approached me first."

Shoyo still remembers that day, little Inuoka yelled out a greeting making little Shoyo scared. He got so scared he teared up because he never interacted with people other than his Mother, Father and a Doctor before.

Shoyo chuckled softly at the memory. "Sou-chan is my first ever friend."

"......." Everyone's heart was racing because of Shoyo's laugh. They were curious what Shoyo looked like when he was a kid...

"Back then Shoyo was so small and skinny, he looked really pitiful! So I approached him and wanted to be his friend" Inuoka shyly added.

"Was he lazy back then like today?" Kuroo asked in wonder.

Inuoka giggled "You guessed it! But back then was worst! At least now Shoyo is getting better and better!"

"Eh? What do you mean?" Yaku sat up in shock. "Is Hinata like, sick back then??"

Yamamoto gasped. "Is that why Shoyo is always tired?! He's sick?!"

Inuoka widened his eyes, he quickly shook his head. "No!...A-And yes!...B-But Shoyo is already cured so its all fine!"

Everyone sat up and stared at Shoyo who was also silently staring at them.

"......." Shoyo rubbed his nape. "I'm fine now. No need to worry.."

"But, didn't we force Hinata to practice with us...?" Kai covered his mouth.

"........" —Everyone.

Shoyo waved his hands. "I'm already better now, because you guys have been taking care of me....My body is getting healthier thank to you guys forcing me to exercise. So, don't worry"

"...How can we not worry?" Kuroo covered his face. "Chibi-chan you are very special to us, so of couse we would feel worry towards you..."

"From now on, don't force yourself okay?"

"You should have told us sooner!!" Yaku scolded. "If I had known, I didn't have to go so hard on you!!"

Shoyo awkwardly scratches his cheek.

"Kouhai is sick, weak and small!...So fragile!!" Yamamoto sniffled. "From now on I will protect you!" He declared to Shoyo who deadpanned at him. But Shoyo felt warm in his heart because his friends care about him.

"No wonder Inuoka was so distressed when you got sick back then." Fukunaga said.

Kuroo rubbed his chin while humming thoughtfully. "Oh yeah, I remember that time. He felt so guilty and sad I could feel a depressing aura around him like it was the end of the world."

"It was Yaku's fault Shoyo got sick." Kenma voiced out.

"!!" Yaku crossed his arms and looked away with guilt. "....Its 'cause I didn't know okay?"

—Clap Clap

"Anyways! Enough of this! We still have to practice ya know?" Kuroo shouted.

"Yes Captain~" Lev agreed weakly.

"Do you wanna sit this one out Hinata-kun?" Kai asked.

Shoyo shook his head. "Its okay, I'll play."

"Oho~ Hinata is taking the initiative to play with us!" Yamamoto grinned.

"Character improvement." Fukunaga said and Shibayama giggled.

"Then lets play!!"

——————————————————
To Be Continued

You guys get to see a glimpse of Shoyo's past. Y'all can probably guess why he's so lazy and all that.

Also, sorry for the very short chap, but at least I published four times!!

Ahem ANYWAYS! Have a great day/evening everyone!!!