3: A Dead Phone & a Missing Friend

(Time skip: The next week)

Isaiah's Pov:
It's been a week since Vincent called me to pick him up, and now he hasn't been in school, I tried calling him multiple times, no reply, I tried calling his father, No answer. I was laying in bed, when i hear a knock on the door, I thought it was the pizza I ordered, so I went downstairs and opened the door, but it was Sal's mother-? I was confused then I asked her why's she here, "I thought Salem was here, he hasn't come home and she isn't answering her phone either." She mumbles, and I stare wide eyed, first Vincent doesn't show up to school and now Sal didn't go home? What's going on..? "No, sorry Mrs. Lovecraft, she isn't here" I spoke, then she thanks me and walks away.

Then I got a call from Leyla? Which was weird since she never calls me but i answered anyway, "Hello?" I spoke, confused. "Hey, moron, If my mom asks you where I am, tell her I'm at the diner down the street and my phone died, I'm using Leyla's phone to call you right now!" Salem shouted, then hung up. I sighed at her idiocy and I called her mom to let her know her idiot of a daughter was alright and that her phone died. I ended up calling her mother to tell her she's alright, then I stepped outside to go for a walk to take in what's happened this week.

A few minutes went by and I stepped on
something, I looked down to see I had stepped on a thick journal, I picked it up and start flipping through the pages and one page caught my eye, It was written in what looked like red ink, It was a page explaining some cult that sacrificed teenagers to some god called "The god of flesh" or something, It was fucking weird so I shut it and put it in my bag to ask Leyla about it tomorrow at school, I continue walking, and I saw something that would've terrified me for the rest of my life.