extra: Maggots (they cover the dead)

A/N: here's something to read while I work on chapter 6 for the next 3 months
and this doesn't have anything to do with the actual story line 👍

Owen's pov:

3 years.. It's been 3 years since Lana moved away, 3 years since my dad was arrested, and 2 years since I was released from the mental institution.
I walked into my apartment, nothing special, one bedroom, one bathroom you get the point.
My room was a mess ever since Salem moved away, I am a wreck. I looked at the floor of my bedroom, there were water bottles scattered around the room, some opened, some not even touched, I started picking up clothes on the floor, sorting out clothes that needs to be washed, and clothes that were clean. I noticed an old brown bomber jacket.. one she used to wear. I put it on my bed amd continued sorting out the clothing on the ground, then.. I realized something.

Maggots. God damn maggots!
I fell to the ground when I saw them, I sighed when I realized they were dead, I stuffed all of my dirty clothes into a trash bag and put them into my car, and continued trying to clean my room while sobbing, all I remembered all the times Salem would help me with things I couldn't mentally manage myself.. and now that she wasn't here I felt..

Helpless.