4: Our old friend, death.

(TW: mentions of beheading and gore)

Salem's pov:
After about 3 hours, I was finally home after my phone had died at the diner and right before I went to sleep, I got a call from Isaiah, I was confused since it's almost 10 PM he never called me this late on a school night, and I answered and I almost immediately heard crying and hyperventilating, I was concerned so I shouted

Salem: "Isaiah?! Isaiah you okay?! what the hell happened??"
Isaiah: "VINCENT'S FUCKING DEAD VINCENT'S FUCKING DEAD.. I ALREADY CALLED THE POLICE BUT VINCENT IS DEAD!"
Salem:"Dude what the hell?! Where are you?! what do you mean he's dead?! what happened to him?! I was just on the phone with Owen 2 hours ago and Vincent was with him?! What do you mean he's dead?!"
Isaiah:"HIS HEADS GONE.. HIS WHOLE HEAD IS GONE!! IT'S CUT OFF!! SOMEONE KILLED HIM!!"
Salem:"W..What?! Someone beheaded him..?! Do I call up Leyla and Owen..?"
Isaiah:"NO. I DON'T WANT THEM TO HEAR ABOUT THIS.. NOT YET.. BUT YOU GET OVER HERE.."

Before I could respond.. he hung up.. I grabbed my jacket and ran around the neighborhood looking for Isaiah. I found him 16 minutes later speaking with the police, and I saw what he was talking about..
Vincent was laying on the road next to the pavement, his body was twisted in ways no human's body should be able to be twisted.. his head was missing.. and his organs were spilling out of him..
When I saw this, I threw up, I was in absolute disbelief.. who could do something like this?! I had started to cry, and Isaiah ran up to me and gave me a hug, I stood there.. and just cried.
who would do that to such a young kid..?

(Time skip: Next day at school)

Leyla's pov:
I was walking to the cafeteria with my food in hand, I usually bought food instead of the school food because, have you seen how disgusting that stuff is? Anyway, I got there and sat down, but something was off.. Owen was just being, Owen-  and Isaiah was being an idiot but then I noticed Sal.. She was laughing along but.. it seemed, forced.
"Oh hey Leyla! I gotta show you something, I think it might be related to Vincent's disappearance!" Isaiah said this as he pulled out a journal? I was confused but read through it.. When I realized what cult it was talking about, I threw it away immediately, and started to shout at Isaiah in a panic.
" YOU IDIOT..!! DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW DANGEROUS THAT CULT IS?! IF IT DID END UP KILLING VINCENT THEN IT'S AFTER US TOO!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.. WHY DID YOU PICK IT UP?! WE'RE BEING HUNTED DOWN BY THEM AS I'M TELLING YOU THIS.. WHY ISAIAH.. WHY?!"

Everyone at Owen and Salem stared wide eyed at what I said, and I looked at Isaiah in pure terror, I know he's stupid but not stupid enough to pick up a cultist's journal!!