Chapter 4

Later, Beca made her way to the showers singing "Titanium" to herself, thinking she was alone. She stepped inside and turned the water on, all the while continuing her singing.

She didn't notice the curtain opening behind her until the familiar voice of the redhead from the Activities Fair startled her.

"You can sing," Chloe said.

"Dude!" Beca yelled, defensively closing the curtain, only for Chloe to rip it back open again.

"How high does your belt go?" Chloe asked.

Beca fumbled nervously as she turned off the water, "my what? Oh, my god," she said as she tried to cover herself.

"You have to audition for the Bellas," Chloe exclaimed.

"I can't concentrate on anything you're saying until you cover your junk," Beca said.

"Just consider it. You won't regret it. Anyway, you were singing 'Titanium,' right?" Chloe said.

"You know David Guetta?" Beca asked.

"Have I been living under a rock? Yeah. That song is my jam. My lady jam," Chloe said.

"That's nice," Beca said.

"Can you sing it for me?" Chloe asked.

"Dude, no! Get out!" Beca yelled.

"Not for that reason. I'm not leaving here until you sing," Chloe said, determined.

Beca just stood there for a few seconds before finally giving in, and the two harmonized "Titanium" together. Afterward, the two smiled at each other.

"Oh, yeah...I'm pretty confident about - all this," Chloe boldly stated.

"You should be," Beca said, quietly.

"Please come to auditions. We could use your voice," Chloe was almost begging.

"I'll think about it, okay?" Beca offered.

"You won't regret it. By the way, forgive me for not introducing myself earlier; I'm Chloe," She said prompting a handshake.

Beca reached out to return the gesture.

"Nice to finally know your name. See you at auditions," Chloe said before heading back to her own stall.

The next day, all of the campus acapella groups gathered at the auditorium for auditions.

"For your audition, you will sing 16 bars of Kelly Clarkson's 'Since U Been Gone.' If a group likes you, they will contact you directly. Now - let the auditions begin," said Tommy, administrator of Barden's acapella activities.

All of the group leaders grabbed stacks of headshots and resumes then headed back to where they were sitting.

"Hey, Bellas. Remember when you played in the big leagues, and you choked?" Bumper Allen teasingly asked. "That really should be a lesson to everyone; if you sing the same boring old songs, you will blow chunks all over the place," he continued.

"My fellow aca-people, we will get to the finals and finish what we started last year," Aubrey fired back.

"And here's the first one up..." Tommy said, kicking off the auditions.

After a string of singers auditioned by singing "Since U Been Gone," Tommy declared, "Okay, that's everyone." Dismissing everyone from the auditorium. But Chloe noticed Beca in the distance.

"Oh, wait; there's one more," she said as Beca entered the auditorium.

"Hello...um, I didn't know we had to prepare that song," Beca said apologetically.

"Oh, that's okay; sing anything you want," Chloe encouraged.

Beca noticed a cup on the table Aubrey and Chloe were sitting behind. Grabbing the cup, she dumped the pens out and sat down on the floor of the stage for her rendition of "Cups."

Afterward, Beca noticed Chloe giving her a big smile while Aubrey gave a more questioning look.