CH 1- Lessons and Leaving

"Hurry up Y/N! It's time to go. You're gonna miss the flight!"

I hear my dad yelling from downstairs.

I sigh and look in the mirror. Why is this happening to me? Well, the answer to that is pretty simple.

It's because I threw quite a few parties without my dad's approval. After trashing the house one too many times, my father decided I needed to be taught some discipline, and made the choice to send me to Barcelona to continue my college studies online, and work with my dad's brother, my uncle Xavi, the coach for one of the best teams in the world Barcelona FC. It would only be for six months, but he hoped during this time I would learn a lot and change my current ways.

I wasn't looking forward to this, but it was only for six months. And plus, I love my uncle. I'm sure the time would fly by. But man was that last party worth it. One of the greatest parties of all time. A New Year's Eve rager. At my house and unsupervised obviously. If only I didn't forget to tell the cleaners I hired to clean one of the bathrooms, I would've gotten away with it. But I forgot, and my dad found out.

I feel like deep down my dad doesn't care too much that I threw the party, but he wants to set an example for my siblings. Ever since my mum passed away, my dad had to take on both roles of being a parent and I think he forgets how hard it is.

He was understanding that I made this mistake but said that in order for me to learn and grow from all of this I would need to move away and reflect on myself for half a year.

Once we arrive at the airport, I begin to say my goodbyes to my dad and siblings.

My little sister starts crying, and I hug her tighter.
"Lina", I say. "The time will fly by. Before you know it, I'll be right back where I belong, here."
That cheers her up, but I can tell she's still upset.

I turn to my dad. "Do I have to go? I promise I'll change here. I've learned my lesson."

"Y/N, sweetheart." My dad begins. "I don't want to do this, but at this point, it's starting to get slightly out of control. What will your siblings learn? What would your mom say?"
I look at him, with tears in my eyes at the mention of my mom.
He's right. She would want me to be a better person.

Her death was the reason I was so out of control. I never found the right way to cope. I would hide my feelings by throwing these over-the-top parties. To drown my sorrows and forget about losing my favorite person in the entire world.

I nod at him. "You're right dad".
My dad wraps his arms around me and gives me the biggest hug.
"Now a few rules."
I laugh and roll my eyes jokingly "What?"
"Reply to all my texts. Be safe and do all your studies. I know it's online classes but keep up with it. I'll be checking in with Xavi and Nuria to make sure everything's okay. And don't give your uncle a hard time."
"Done, will do, and I won't. Uncle Xavi is the best."
My dad smiled. "Good."

I waved and went to board my flight.