CH 3- Anyone but him

After finally finding the right equipment, I head back to the soccer field. Carmen finishes helping me set up the pitch, as the players start to come.

I know a few of them, some of the older ones from when I was younger. They come over to say hi, giving me hugs and telling me how much I've grown up. I make sure to introduce Carmen, and they are all so friendly, instantly making her feel welcome.

As they start their training, my uncle calls me and Carmen over to him, where three guys are standing. I don't recognize any of them so they must be the new ones.

"Y/N and Carmen, I'd like you girls to meet our new players. This is Alejandro, Jules and Gavi."

He continues "Boys, this is my niece Y/N, and this is Carmen. They'll be assisting us this season with everything."

Uncle Xavi walks off, and Carmen and I begin talking to the guys. They are super easy to talk to and I can tell we will all get along. Not to mention all three of them are super cute. Easily some of the best-looking guys I have ever seen.

As my uncle blows the whistle, the boys smile and say bye, and jog their way to the pitch. The players begin training, and Carmen and I stand near the dugout.

"Oh wait, I forgot my drink bottle; I'll be right back". She says.

As she leaves, I stand there watching the training session, when I hear my uncle yell behind me "Pedri, hurry up what's taking you so long", he jokes. My uncle is super kind, jokes around a lot, and is highly respected. After all, he is one of the best coaches in the world.

I hear footsteps approaching me. Uncle Xavi says 'Pedri, I'd like you to meet my niece, Y/N. Y/N, this is Pedri Gonzalez, one of our new players. He is a gun, for sure one of the top athletes. We're very lucky to have him."

I turn around and have a smile prepared on my face.

I look at him, and my smile drops immediately.

No. Fucking. Way.

It's the guy from the locker rooms.
The asshole.

I don't say anything; I can't get any words out. I can't believe it's him.
He stares back at me.
My uncle looks back and forth at both of us. "Well," he says, "Go on and shake hands at least".
I realize this is my job from now on. Even if I have to pretend to be nice to assholes like this Pedri guy in front of people such as my uncle.

He puts his hand out. I can tell he's faking being nice for the sake of it also.
I shake my hand out. I try to smile, but it fails.
"Hi," I say, "I'm Y/N".
"Pedri", he shakes my hand. That's all he says.

Uncle Xavi and him return to training.

I can't believe he's on our team. The cold, blunt dude from before plays for the same freaking club I now work for. I don't like him. First impressions are important, and I do not like assholes.

This is going to be so annoying. But there's only one thing I can do. Try to ignore him and keep my distance.

Carmen returns. "Hey," she says, "Have you met Pedri?"
"Just did 2 minutes ago", I tell her. I decide not to mention the situation in the locker room. It's not important. He's not important to me, and he never will be. He's just some guy who happens to work for the same football club I do.
"Oh okay", she says.
"How come?" I reply.
"Just wondering. When I went to get my water bottle, I checked my phone and there was a headline about him and his ex-girlfriend, saying they've broken up. I thought he'd be angry about it cause the news just came out, and it's all over the media, but he walked past me before and came over and introduced himself. He seems nice."

No way in hell is Pedri Gonzalez 'nice', I thought to myself.

I guess the situation in the locker room does make sense. He and his girlfriend just broke up. But it doesn't explain why he was rude to me, and suddenly nice to Carmen.
But maybe he likes Carmen. Who knows?
All I know is he's a dick