CH 24- Understanding

Gavi and Carmen joined us.
It was just the four of us, wading around in the big pool.

Pedri then suggested we play a game.
"How about we play shoulder wars?" Gavi suggested.
"Ok, us girls against you two", I decided.

For the first round, I got on Carmen's back, and Gavi jumped up on Pedri's shoulder.
It was me vs Gavi.
We were all laughing, as I tackled Gavi while I was on Carmen's shoulder and he made a splash as he fell off Pedri's shoulders. I won the first round.

"Next round, same partners but swap positions", Carmen said.
Carmen vs Pedri. Carmen won.
"Us girls are undefeatable," I said, as Pedri rose back up from under the water.
"You girls are good" I have to admit. Gavi said. "Let's switch teams completely.

It was time for Gavi and me to team up against Pedri and Carmen.
After Gavi won for us, and Carmen won for them, it was time for the third and final rounds.

Me and Pedri.
On a team together.

"Get up," I said, patting my back.
"You can't", he joked. "You're weak."
"Hey," I said. "That's offensive. I can carry you". I smiled.
He got on my back.
"Wow, you really are strong", he said, sounding impressed.
"Told you". I said.
After Gavi managed to successfully push Pedri off my shoulders, it was time for me to climb on top of him.
I jumped on his shoulders, and he wrapped his arms back around my legs.

There it was.... that weird...tingly feeling again.
Why did I get like this around him?

Carmen managed to win this round, and as I rose up to the surface, I could hear Gavi and Carmen cheering with joy.
I moved my hair out of my face.
"Look at the lovebirds", Pedri joked smiling at Carmen and Gavi.
Gavi was lifting Carmen up, the two of them laughing that they had won.
"They're the cutest", I agreed, grinning. "But I think he needs to take her on a date, or at least confess to her that he likes her."
"He's planning to", Pedri said quietly so they couldn't hear. "He's just waiting for the right time".

"Hey, you two" Gavi shouted, "Carmen and I feel like some pizza. What do you think?" 
"Sounds good", Pedri said.
I nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We decided to head back to our rooms and order some pizza.
While we were waiting, we decided to have showers in our own rooms and freshen up.
The pizza arrived, and Carmen and I went to the boy's room.

We decided to sit out on the balcony.
We were all talking and eating, watching the night view over the city.

Even though it was getting late, the four of us found ourselves gathered on the balcony. We had been talking and laughing for hours now, but slowly, the conversation turned into more of a deep and meaningful one.

We all listened to each other, revealing things we hadn't said before, or didn't talk about much.

Gavi revealed that he didn't enjoy all these girls constantly throwing themselves at him and that he believed in soulmates. He went shy when he mentioned this and couldn't look at Carmen.
Carmen spoke about her ex-boyfriend, and that he lost interest in her because of the fact that she wasn't as financially stable as him.
I knew about this, and I knew she told Gavi, but it was the first time Pedri was hearing about it. He looked at Carmen with sympathy and told her that her ex was a dick. It was nice to see them two also becoming closer. It actually felt like all four of us were becoming good friends.

I opened up about my ex, and how he cheated on me with one of my 'so-called friends'. I told them about how while he betrayed me, I felt equally as hurt by what my 'friend' did.
Pedri spoke about how his ex-girlfriend, and surprisingly and coincidentally, he had been through a situation exactly like mine. The news outlets had picked up the story about him and his ex breaking up, but straight after their relationship ended, his ex-started dating one of his friends.
"Wow..." Carmen said softly. "I'm sorry to hear that Pedri".
"Nah it's alright". He replied back, looking at her.

I took a good look at him. It made sense why he acted that way in the locker room when I first met him.

Finding out more information about each other made me realize you never know how someone feels, or what they're going through.

We were all still talking, and Carmen and Gavi were in their own conversation when Pedri nudged me.
"Hey", he said. "I'm sorry to hear about your ex and your friend."
"Thanks", I gave a small smile. "I'm sorry about your situation too. It sucks. And Im sure it's worse because it's made public."
"It's fine", Pedri shook his head. "It is what it is".
"I know", I said. "It's a shitty thing what happened, but in order to heal, you have to let yourself feel.
He smiled at me. "I've never thought about it like that. It's a good way to get through something".