CH 5- Best if you leave

The next day. An early morning start. Today I put on an oversized hoodie, with bike shorts and my hair in a high ponytail.

Uncle Xavi had meetings today with our other coaches and told Carmen and me that today was gym day and while all the players would be doing their gym training, it was Carmen and I's job to be of assistance to them.

I have to admit, being in a room with the top soccer players working out..........
It was a quiet a sight for sore eyes, I will say.
Muscular, athletic-built, tanned, and toned men in their 20's and 30s using the machines was.... well let's just say I am not complaining.

"Y/N", I heard Frenkie shout, "come give me a hand with this, please"
"Sure", I said. Frenkie wanted me to be his spotter while he did some weights.
While helping him, we began talking and he was really easy to make conversation with. He was asking me what he should do for his girlfriend Mikky's birthday, and I was helping with suggestions.

After we finished that set, I started to wipe down the equipment to make sure everything was sanitary (it was part of my job), when I heard voices. It was Ansu and Ferran with someone else.

I turned around. Surprise surprise. That 'someone else' was him.
This is the conversation of what I heard:
Ansu- "So are you saying you don't believe in love".
Pedri- "No not at all. Im telling you it doesn't exist."
Ferran- "Yes it does. It sucks what happened to you man, but you can't let that stop you from finding your person".
Pedri- "Ferran, I'm telling you. It's messy. It's not real. At most, a relationship, or any joint union is a transactional benefit for both people involved. That's all it is."
Ferran- "But bro, my girlfriend-"
Pedri- "As I said, You and your girlfriend, or just any two people in a 'relationship' is the same as a business agreement, a deal, a negotiation-"

I couldn't bear this. I had heard enough.
"I don't mean to interrupt", I said while putting my hands up, looking at Pedri "But just because you don't think love is real, doesn't mean you have to discourage others from believing in it. It is super unfortunate what happened to you, and yes there are plenty of bad people out there, but there are also good people. People who wouldn't hurt their partner and stay together for the rest of their lives. But that doesn't mean you should negatively talk other people out of it".

"Preach Y/N", Ferran said, high-fiving me.

"So, you're keeping tabs on me", Pedri said, in an arrogant tone.
"What?" I was stumped. Why the fuck would I keep tabs on him?
"How did you know about me and my ex-girlfriend?" He raised his eyebrows.
"In case you didn't know there's something called the tabloids, which a lot of athletes are in every day," I said in a matter-of-fact voice. "And plus, I didn't look it up. The news showed up on my page. Trust me, you're not that special". I could feel the adrenaline in me. It was true. He wasn't that special. He was an egotistical jerk.
"I am special", he replied back, in a cocky tone. "Otherwise I wouldn't be on this team".

"Well, maybe they made a mistake by signing you" I snapped, "They don't like assholes on this team, so probably best if you leave".
"Listen love", he said with a smug look on his face, "I'm not going anywhere. Learn to live with it, alright?"
"I'd rather eat my fucking shoe." I started to walk off.

"Ooh," Ansu and Ferran said at the same time.

"Keep fangirling, it's cute". Pedri sneered.
I stopped walking and turned around. My blood was boiling at this point.
Fangirling? Who the fuck did he think he was?
He was leaning on the machine and staring back at me. That stupid smirk.
He clearly wanted a reaction. And this time I wasn't going to give him one. I didn't feed into it.
I took a breath and continued walking.
I made my way to the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------

While I was washing my hands, Carmen walked in.
"Y/N! I saw all of that. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine", I reassured her, smiling.
"He seems like a dickhead". She rolled her eyes.
"He is, especially with how he acted towards me on Friday".
 I explained the locker room mishap to her.
Carmen shook her head "Wow. What a prick."

Tell me about it .....