CH 39- A different person

Gavi and Carmen made their way to the dance floor together.

I decided to get another drink and made my way to the bar, when a guy approached me.
"Hey," he said. "What's up?"
Damn, this guy was pretty good-looking.

I looked over at Pedri and could see that he was staring me down. The girl was now sitting on his lap in a booth, and he had his arms on her hips. And she was talking to him, but he was looking at me.

I decided to entertain this guy, not only to make Pedro a bit jealous but for some fun of my own.
"Hey," I replied.
The guy, whose name was Stefan, bought me a drink and asked me to dance with him.

We went to the dance floor and we were having a good time together. We were dancing like old friends, but no touching. It took me a lot to show affection with a guy, and even though Stefan was nice, he was still a stranger and I wasn't going to be so touchy with some person I just met.

"Can I get your number?" he leaned over and asked me through the loud music.
Even though he was an attractive guy, I wasn't feeling the vibe between us too much.
Or maybe it was because I was still thinking about a certain other person.
"I'm sorry, it's just... I-"
"No need to explain yourself. It's complicated, I understand". He smiled.
I shot him a sympathetic look and he nodded.

We danced for a bit, until I decided I needed to sit.

I said bye to him and made my way back to the booth that was reserved for our group.

To my surprise, everyone was either dancing, getting a drink, or talking to girls.... except for one person.

Pedri.

At this point, I could feel the alcohol kicking in just slightly, but I knew I had to try and bite my tongue and not let how I felt about him slip out.

I sat down on the leather chair a few spaces away from him.
"So?" I asked him, sipping on my drink. "Where's your girlfriend?"
He looked away. "She's not my girlfriend".
"Well, whoever she is" I mocked, "Where'd she go?"
"She had to leave".

"Oh, so you're alone now?" I sarcastically teased. "Poor Pedri".
I knew I was being a bit mean, but I didn't care. It was nowhere near as bad as the level of an asshole he was being towards me.

"Whatever," he said, shaking his head. His attitude was off, and everything about him seemed oddly mean. It suddenly seemed like my presence was annoying him, and I didn't know why.

"No," I said firmly. The alcohol was now giving me the confidence to say exactly what I was feeling. But I didn't care. "Listen here, you don't get to be a dick to me. I like you and you lead me on. But it's fine, I should've known you were a player- "

He turned his head, cutting me off mid-sentence. "You like me?"

It took me a second to process, but oh shit.
I could not believe those words had come out of my mouth.

I just told Pedri that I like him.

I kept calm, even though I was internally freaking out.

"No that's not important, I was saying-" I tried to brush past what I accidentally let slip.

"Well, you've admitted it now. You like me. But listen, princess. Me and you will never happen." He said viciously.

His words cut into me like a knife.
I blinked back tears.

"What?" I said, confused.

"We're too different." He looked away. "It took us ages to get along, and too much goes on when we're together. Maybe one day we can be friends but..." His voice drifted off.

What.
We weren't even friends?

"That night at the restaurant you said you consider us friends." I glared. My heart was beating fast.

"Yeah, and I don't know what I was thinking. But we're not. We never were." He scowled.

I could feel a piece of my heart ripping.

I didn't even care that he brushed off the fact I liked him so easily, but the idea that we weren't even friends hurt me deeply.
Who was this person?

I was done with him now; his true colors came out.
He didn't deserve anything from me.
I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of saying anything else.

But I had two words left inside of me.

"Fuck you". I pointed, as I stood up.

I walked out of the club completely.
I was too caught up with what just happened to even let Carmen know that I had left.

I cannot believe I trusted him and opened up to him.

I hated him, but I was feeling disappointed in myself for ever letting my guard down.

On the walk back to the hotel my eyes were filled with tears the entire time, but I waited until I closed the door in my room before I let out my sobs.

It was as though an imposter took over his body.
I didn't know who he was anymore....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you guys enjoying it??
What do you think of the events that unfolded?
And why is Pedri acting like this....