CH 20- The Plane

THE OVERSEAS TRIP BEGINS

The international trip was beginning.
We had all of last week off, so everyone can rest before we head overseas.
I spent a few days with Carmen beforehand, doing any work we needed to finish, and packing our suitcases.

Today was the day of our flight.
It was 4 in the morning, and the coach picked us up.
I was not a morning person, and I could tell a lot of other players weren't, so everyone kept conversation with each other to a minimum.
The bus ride was quiet, with almost everyone sleeping because it was so early.
Carmen and I sat next to each other and slept the entire two hours on the way to the airport.

Once we got to the airport, Carmen and I split up from the team, because we had some time to kill, so we got some food. The sleep on the bus helped us a lot, as we were more awake and had a bit of energy.
The boarding call then came over the intercom, and we made our way to our gate, where the rest of the players were also arriving.

We got on the plane, and Carmen and I were sitting together. She was on the window seat, and I was in the middle. Next to me was a 40-year-old businessman, traveling alone. He wasn't a bother and he kept to himself and was in a deep sleep.

The plane took off, and we watched a movie together while talking. Two hours later when she went up to go to the bathroom. Gavi came to me.
"Y/N", he hissed, almost whispering, to not wake the guy up. "Would you mind switching seats with me? I want to sit next to her".
"Hmmm... let me think about it". I teased him, sarcastically smiling.
"Please", he pleaded, knowing I was joking.
"Sure." I smiled. I grabbed my book, phone, headphones, and pillow and got up.
"Thanks Y/N, you're the best." Gavi gave me a hug.
"Anytime. So where am I now sitting?"
"It's three rows down, right next to Garcia and-"

He stopped talking, as Carmen had come back from the bathroom.
"Oh! Hey Gavi", she said smiling.
"Hey, I hope its ok with you, I just had to switch seats because Eric was snoring too loud and it was annoying me, and Y/N kindly said I could", he said. He was grinning and gave a quick wink at me as Carmen looked where Eric was.

That little shit. I laughed quietly.
Such a liar. But fair game. His 'excuse' was a good one.
And I was all for these two. If it meant me switching seats so my best friend could get closer to the guy she liked and who liked her back, by all means, I was happy to do it.

There was still heaps of the plane ride to go.

Carmen smiled at him. She turned to me "Are you fine with switching?"
"Of course,". I smiled. "I'll see you two later."

I made my way down the aisle when I reached where Eric was. He was sitting on the aisle seat and sleeping, and Gavi's empty seat was in the middle.

I looked up and saw Pedri had the window seat.
Oh. I didn't know what to feel.

"Hey', he said.
"Hey".
"How are you?"
"Good, you?"
"Good thanks. Are you sitting here?" He asked.
"Yeah, I guess I am. Gavi wanted me to switch with him, so he could sit next to Carmen".
"Oh, right" Pedri laughed. "Here," he said, standing up.

He got out of his seat completely. He let me have the window seat.
"Um, are you sure?" I said. "I seriously can sit in the middle-"
"No, it's not a problem at all. I insist".
"Thanks." I smiled.
We sat down.
I went on my laptop and spent a bit of time finishing an essay for college.
Pedri was watching a movie with his headphones in.

An hour later, I went to the toilet.
On the way back, I passed Gavi and Carmen.
Oh my god.
They were the cutest.
They had both fallen asleep, with Gavi's head resting on her shoulder, and Carmen's head on top.
They were also holding hands.
I took a quick photo of them, just to save it for later.