CH 33- The Party

A few days later.

We had one more game left in Italy. The players were training the past few days, and Carmen and I were busy working. We had plenty of paperwork and admin duties to keep us busy.

It was now the end of practice, and the players were starting to head back to their hotel rooms.

Carmen and I were finishing up when we realized a few of the younger athletes were hanging back.
"What's going on?" I murmured. "Why haven't they left yet?"
"I have no idea, but I think we're about to find out." Carmen said through a smile, not moving her mouth as Gavi walked over.

"Hey, girls." He said.
"Hi," Carmen and I said.

Gavi gave Carmen a quick kiss on the cheek, before he said, "Do you guys have any plans for tonight?"
"We were just gonna go out for dinner, the two of us. How come?" Carmen said.
"Balde has a friend here, and they invited us young ones to a big house party. You two are with us, so of course you're both invited."
Carmen and I exchanged a quick look, making sure we were on the same page.
"Sure. We'll come." I said.
"Good. I'll let the rest of the guys know. We'll meet at Alejandro's apartment at 7."
_____________________________________________________________________

It was a few minutes before 7, and Carmen and I had just stepped out into the hallway when we heard Gavi and Pedri's door open.
We all walked together into Alejandro and Jules' room.
Eric and Ansu were also there.

We had a few pre-drinks, and then made our way to the party.

It was a huge house, and the guy hosting the party was one of Alejandro's childhood friends.
We walked inside, and the party had a decent amount of people.

Eric and Ansu went to talk to a few girls, but the rest of our group stuck together.

Gavi and Carmen went into the kitchen to get a drink.

We were standing around, drinking and talking, when Jules nudged me.
"Hey...have you realized there's been quite a few guys checking you out", he tilted his head to the side, where I saw two guys staring at me.

The thing was, I hadn't realized. And I didn't care.

The only person on mymind was Pedri.
And he was standing on the other side of Jules.
I could tell he heard what Jules said. Because he glanced over at me a coupleof times.

"Oh", I said, with a short giggle awkwardly.
"Smile or something" Jules was trying to wingman me.
And I appreciated him trying to match-make, but I just couldn't even entertainthis for fun.

"No, I actually.... need to go to the bathroom", I said.
Jules laughed. He could tell that I had excused myself.

As I made my way into the hallway, I asked the guy hosting where his bathroomwas.
"There's one right here, but it's occupied. Use the one upstairs, past the thirdbedroom and to your right".
I thanked him and walked up the stairs.
The bathroom was in a quiet spot, isolated from the rest of the party, and Icould hear the music ever so slightly in the distance.

After I finished using the bathroom, I closed the door and turned around.

"Y/N?".

My stomach dropped.

Standing in front of me was Sebastian......my ex......