Seriously, More Junk?

Lea(Aleatha)

All I could think about was Optimus behind us. I kept the tow truck in my line of site the entire way home. I didn't feel comfortable until I knew he would be in the shop. When we pulled up to the house I knew Tessa wouldn't be happy. We had another truck with more crap. She wouldn't be happy, but she would understand once she learned the truth. I hopped out of the truck.

"Lea! You really let him buy more! We haven't paid bills yet!" I looked at Cade.

"You better give her that envelope." Cade ran towards Tessa.

"That's the money for bills sweetie. It should be enough to cover everything we need." I smiled.

Hopefully that would keep her happy. I knew how many money problems they had. I understood her reaction to Cade buying more things to tear apart or fix, but today was different. It was Optimus. She yanked the envelope from her father and opened it. She gasped. She looked up at me and mouthed "thank you." I nodded. Then she turned to Cade. That didn't save Cade from her anger.

"Dad, why the heck do you need more junk!" Case scoffed.

"We don't ever use that word! This stuff isn't junk!" He wasn't happy.

He walked away after Tessa did and started guiding the tow truck to the barn. I got lost in thought watching them unload Optimus. I thought back to when I first met him.

•••

"What did you do! You have doomed us all!" A portal lay open to a weird place I had never seen before.

One of my party members had gotten drunk. They had created a portal they didn't know how to close. I watched my party members arguing and bickering over how to close the portal. It was their own fault. I warned them. I looked towards the portal. Something was telling me to go. To step through it. I wouldn't have listened, but I felt like I should. I made my way towards the portal.

𝒜𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒶...

I stopped and looked around. No one was around so who was speaking to me?

𝒴ℴ𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝒷ℯℯ𝓃 𝒶 𝓌ℴ𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓈ℯ𝓇𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒹𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓈ℯ𝓇𝓋ℯ𝒹 𝓂ℯ. 𝒩ℴ𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 ℴ𝓌𝓃 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃ℯ𝓈𝓈. 𝒮𝓉ℯ𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝓇ℴ𝓊ℊ𝒽 𝒶𝓃𝒹 ℯ𝓂𝒷𝓇𝒶𝒸ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝓃ℯ𝓌 𝓁𝒾𝒻ℯ.

I was hesitant until I felt warmth surround me. The thought of leaving this world didn't scare me at all. I smiled and looked back at my party members. I would miss them, but they would be okay. So would I. I ran towards the portal. I heard it close behind me. I was relieved until I looked around. I found myself in the middle of a war. A war with metal creatures and humans. I froze as a red-eyed worm thing came barreling towards me. I had never seen anything like it. I summoned my bow and readied a shot. I couldn't quit shaking. I had never seen a monster like this and I didn't know how to kill it. Cut Whatever this was, I may not survive it. If that were to happen I would at least die trying. I let the arrow fly. Green erupted the moment the arrow hit the metal creature. Vines shot up from the ground and started to rip through it. I thought I was fine, but then I heard a whirring sound behind me. I turned slowly. I had a weapon in my face being held by a monster with two red eyes.

"Die, human." Human?

I was far from human. I wanted to move, but my body couldn't. I was terrified.

"Move," I saw a pair of blue eyes.

I rolled out of the way as the blue-eyed one slammed into the red-eyed one. I watched as they fought. It looked like the red-eyed one was getting the upper hand. The blue-eyed metal being had saved me. I had to do something. I put my bow on my back and summoned my magical one. I pulled the string back, the magical arrow appearing.

"Hit my target, tried and true. The one with red eyes." The arrow glowed.

I released it. It flew around the other beast and hit the red-eyed one in between the eyes. I watched his eyes grow dim. The blue-eyed beast turned to me. I watched as the blue-eyed beast knelt down in front of me. I kept a tight grip on my magic bow. I didn't know if it was friend or foe. So I kept my guard up.

"What are you?" I couldn't explain why I felt safe.

Somehow I knew he posed no threat. I knew that I was safe with him. I didn't know why I felt this way when I barely even knew him.

"I am Aleatha, royal born elf." His blue eyes never left my green ones.

"I am Optimus Prime. Will you help me against the Decepticons," I looked confused, "you mean the metal monsters with red eyes? What is their purpose here?"

"To bring a planet to this one and merge them. We must not allow that to happen or else all life would be lost." I looked around at the damage these red eyed Decepticons had caused.

I couldn't allow that to happen. This was my world now. I would fight to protect it.

I turned back to Optimus Prime, "I will help protect this world and those who fight to protect it."

He held his hand out. I was nervous, but I stepped onto it. He stood up and I knelt down so I wouldn't fall. I felt a warm feeling shoot through my body. I felt safe. I saw Optimus glance at me.

"We have much to discuss after the war. Something personal." I nodded.

I felt it too, I-

"Lea!" I snapped out of it.

Cade sounded excited. I knew he thought it was just a truck, but hopefully my judge of character was right. In the end I hoped he would help me protect Optimus.

"What's up?" I ran towards him.

"Are you ready to help me with this truck?" I smiled.

"Yeah, let's get started." I walked into the shop.

He had a ladder next to Optimus. I hoped that Cade could help me fix Optimus.