13 Primes

Aleatha

I opened my eyes. I was on my back. I sat up. I looked around. I had never seen this place before. I was on a glowing planet, full of life. I had never seen anything like this except Optimus's matrix of leadership. It was beautiful. I could feel life flowing through the planet. It was extraordinary.

"You have come." I spun around.

Thirteen figures stood before me hidden in the shadows. I was skeptical of who they were. I wanted to see them. Light from the planet seemed to heed my wishes. They were like Optimus. Wait, these were the Thirteen Primes before Optimus. They gave Optimus the matrix of leadership. Why was I here? Why did it seem like they were waiting for me?

"Why does it seem as though you have been awaiting my arrival on your planet? A planet that is no longer alive in my time? What do the thirteen primes want to do with me?" A white prime knelt down in front of me.

"Your sparkmate has taught you well, little one. You are here because you have been hit with a weapon that is meant to wipe out races. It has done so on the planet you and your sparkmate reside on once before." The only beasts I know of that died off before the humans were dinosaurs.

"Are you saying life has been wiped out on the planet earth by cybertronians before? That changes things. It alters the history of the planet. It means change in the history of the humans. These destroyers of life have no care for whomever gets caught in the crossfire. They must be stopped." The white prime nodded.

"You are smart, little one. There is something else you must know. The planet you reside on is also known to us as Omicron," a purple Decepticon stepped forward, the symbol plane as day on his chest, "Prima! You fool, we must not divulge all of our knowledge. She is here for one reason."

"Megatronus, enough. She is not a member of either planet. She must know what no one else can until the time is right," Prima looked me in the eye, "little one. The information I told you will come to light, but you mustn't say a word until someone else finds out the truth about Earth. It could have disastrous consequences."

I understood the danger of having knowledge no one else did. People were killed for less in my world.

"I understand, Prima. Megatronus, my world had many dangers. We had creatures neither of your planets have ever heard of and yet because of that I know that some knowledge must never be shared. There are creatures your kind would be able to fight, but the humans would die. They would not know how to handle the monsters from my world. So just as I have many secrets that I must keep, I swear that I will keep this secret. For the safety of the people and cybertronians alike." I bowed.

"I believe the little one," I looked up to find a green cybertronian next to Prima, "I am Quintus Prime. Our time runs out, little one. It is time to tell her the reason she is here. I am honored to have met one who values life as much as I do. What do you believe when it comes to life?"

I didn't understand why he was asking, but I knew my answer would be important. I glanced across the surface of what I assumed was Optimus's homeland. Cybertron. It was beautiful in its own way. It was so full of life. It deserved to have a chance to thrive. Yet it didn't get it. I turned to the thirteen primes. Many of them stayed hidden. I felt the eyes of all of them, a blue pair of them felt familiar. I didn't focus on that though. I had to focus on my answer and returning back to Optimus.

"Every being, every race deserves a chance to thrive. However, wiping out an entire race doesn't fix the problem. It makes more. Especially when the one wiping them out has no issue when innocents get in the crossfire. It is why the Autobots stay on earth. Now that Cybertron is gone, earth is home to the Autobots. Humans are vile creatures, but there are humans who are worth fighting for. Who will protect us just as we protect them. Just because there are those who turn their backs on us doesn't mean they are all that way. I come from a world where races of all kinds come together. Some are untrustworthy, but there are some who I know I can trust and they can trust me. We would do anything for each other. This world is the same. As long as there are those few who are willing to fight for the greater good that's all that matters." Quintus smiled at me.

"You are wise for your young age, little one," a crystal blossom appeared before me, "this is a flower that used to thrive on Cybertron. This is the last one of its kind. We have modified it into a new matrix." The flower which hovered in front of me was different from what I had ever seen before.

It was different from the matrix of leadership. It was a mixture of plant and metal. I glanced at all the primes. I met each of their optics. I stopped on the blue pair. They reminded me of Optimus's eyes. I missed him. His optics seemed to move. I felt a warmth in my chest. I turned to Prima.

"I accept." I glanced at the flower.
I stepped towards it, "will I be able to still be in my elf form?"

I didn't want to lose this part of myself. It was all I had left of my world. Of my parents. This was my connection to nature.

"Yes," I sighed in relief, "thank you all. I must return. My sparkmate and family need me. Farewell."

I glanced at the Prime I assumed was Optimus one last time. His blue eyes seemed to glow brighter. He was Optimus, but not mine. Not yet.

I am coming Optimus, just wait for me.

I closed my eyes pressing the matrix against my chest. A burning sensation spread throughout my body. Then everything went dark.

•••

Optimus with the 13 Primes

"That is my sparkmate." Prima chuckled.

"That she is, Prime. Treat her well." I glanced at the spot she once stood.

I will meet her again.