New Beginnings

After the most eventful school day of my life, we drove home and I changed out of my school clothes and started to prepare the house for dinner. Miles and I haven't trashed it too badly, but I want things to be perfect. After I finish my cleaning spree I get out the board games and call and order food. I haven't had anyone over in what feels like a million years, minus Miles, but he doesn't count because he lives here. I am beyond excited and I will have to thank Mom for the $200 in grocery money she left that helped me cover my weight in lo mein. Miles is watching me pace around with amusement
"What are you doing Dell?" He asks, his mouth contorting into a grin.
"Getting ready for dinner," I say fluffing a pillow for the fifth time.
"They will be here in like a half hour." He says as he walks toward me.
"That's not nearly enough time," I say frantically reorganizing the coffee table. Miles just stares and smiles. "What," I say, annoyed.
"You're Cute." He pulls me into a hug and rests his chin on the top of my head. "They already love you, and they will love you even more when you feed them." He chuckles and kisses my forehead. When he walks away I busy myself in the kitchen until I hear the doorbell. I rush to the door and open it probably a little too fast to be considered sane. When I look out I am faced with a smile of Elowyn.
"Hi!" She says as he gives me a quick hug. "Can we come in?" She smiles ear to ear.
"Yep." I move out of the way and Noah follows her and gives a nod. I like how they contrast each other, kind of like how Rory and Elias would. I wonder if that's how people see Miles and me. If so, who would be the sunshine? Miles. I am the darkness. I am about to close the door when I am greeted by Elias.
"Hey." He says as he enters. That's everyone. I. Close the door and join everyone in the living room.
"Food should be here any minute," I say as I plop myself on the loveseat and Miles makes his way over and sits next to me.
"Did you guys get here ok?" He asks
"We got lost once thanks to this one," Winnie says as she bumps Noah's arm.
"Just throw me under the bus, huh?" He says with a smirk.
"Always." Winnie smiles back.
"Well, you made it," Miles says, ending the conversation. The Doorbell rings and I go to get up but Miles beats me to it.
"Must be the food," I say with an awkward smile. I am not used to being around this many people. I normally keep to myself, it was only ever me, Mel, and Marcus. Now it will be me, Miles, Winnie, Noah, Elias, and possibly Rory. I don't know much about Rory other than she used to be friends with Avalon and they had a falling out, most likely because Rory was sick of her bitchiness.

"So, who wants food?" Miles says carrying four bags of Chinese food.
"Holy shit," Elowyn says with a laugh. "How much do you think we eat?" She asks.
"Sorry...I panicked" I say blushing.
"Oh, it's more than ok." El gets up to grab a bag. "I am starving." He sighs.
"Well y'all can take home leftovers, and if not then I guess Delly and I will be eating Lo Mein and egg rolls for all eternity," Miles says as he walks into the kitchen to grab silverware and plates.
"So what now?" Noah asks.
"Now we get out the games and stuff our faces." Says Winnie in response. I laugh.
"Pretty much," I respond and pull out the classics, Monopoly, Cards, and, Sorry. Elias sees what I am doing and laughs.
"Are those kiddie games?" He says.
"That's all I got." I smile awkwardly.
"How about truth or dare?" He asks.
"That's so cliche," Miles says as he finishes off a bottle of soda from the fridge. "What's next?" He puts it on the coaster beside him. "Spin the bottle?" He chuckles and goes back to his noodles.
"Exactly," Elias says as he jumps up and grabs the bottle from the coaster, and sits back down placing it in the center of the living room. I feel dread form in the pit of my stomach. I look at Miles who gives me a reassuring smile.
"That will create too much drama," Miles says disapprovingly.
"Not if we don't let it," Winnie says, trying to diffuse the situation.
"What's the worst that can happen?" Noah says siding with Winnie.
"You kiss someone else's girlfriend and hurt Winnie's feelings earning an ass whooping from me," Miles responds.
"Or I kiss Elias," Noah says with a laugh causing the tension in the room to disappear.
"Okay." I say "It's fine, there is nothing personal about it, just a game." I sit on the floor and sit across from Miles that way. It's more likely I will get him. Winnie picks up on what I'm doing and gives me A wink. She sits right next to Miles. She has no idea how much she's helping my nerves. Elias checks the room and smiles.
"Let the games begin." He says and spins the bottle. My heart is pumping in my chest as I watch the bottle rattle against the floor. Noah and Winnie. A wave of relief washes over me.
"Well, that's not interesting whatsoever." Elias rolls his eyes.
"Are you trying to wreck a home?" Miles laughs.
"No, I see them kiss all the time." He sighs, "It's gross." We all laugh at his dramatics and Noah gives Winnie a peck.
"Ok, round two," Elias says as he spins the bottle once more I can see Miles get anxious. Elias, and Noah. I can't help but smile trying to hold back my laughter.
"Shit," Elais says. Winnie laughs and makes a face at Noah.
"It's your fault, Noah." Miles says "You Manifested it." We all laugh as Noah puckers his lips, Elias isn't amused and grabs his head and dramatically kisses his forehead then gags. At this point, Miles is crying with laughter.
"Aw, I'm jealous." Winnie teases
"Shut up," Elias grumbles. "Round three." He says and gives it an extra hard spin. Winnie and...Me. I go red and Winnie smiles at me.
"Pucker up hot stuff." She giggles. Miles is trying to hide his smile with his hand. I glare at him and turn to Winnie. If this was Mel I would've kissed her, with no hesitation. We were close and joking around like that came easy. I miss her. I Smile back at her and pucker my lips dramatically trying to make the situation more comical than serious, she places her hand on my cheek and kisses me, the boys hoot and holler as expected and when we pull away we join in the laughter. 
"That was steamy," Elias says jokingly.
"You ok there Miles?" Noah asks. He looks a little shocked but laughs it off.
"Yeah, just a little surprised, you?" I'm a little jealous. We all laugh and spin once more. Ok...Me, and...Elias. My stomach drops and I look at Miles. He gives me a half smile and Elias looks like he's gonna shit himself everyone goes silent. "What can we do here?" I am nervous.
"Just this once I can spin again and we can see if the next couple can join and we can pick partners or...." He stumbles on his words.
"Spin again," Miles says blankly. He spins again and it is Me and Elais, again. Miles looks at us and sighs.
"It's fine Elias, kiss her." He says trying to seem calm. "Just no tongue." He jokes he's trying to play it off but I can tell he's irritated.
"You sure?" Elias is nervous and I can tell.
"Yes. It's fine." He says and turns to me "it is ok Dell, I'll still love you. This is nothing but a game." He sits back and stares.
"Okay.." I say scooching forward Elias leans forward and Lands a soft quick kiss on my lips, nothing like Miles's, he is warm and kind, and they fill my stomach with butterflies. Elias' kiss makes me feel nothing. It just brushes my lips and then it leaves. Thank god. We go to our respective spots and I have never wanted to bury myself in Miles's arms more. I want them to go home. I want to be alone.
"Ok," Winnie says breaking the silence. "This game is getting so boring."
"Agreed," Miles says.
"Dell?" Winnie asks, "You should show me your room."
"I would love to," I say, taking the opportunity out.

I guide Winnie to my room and when we walk in she takes in her surroundings and plops herself in my chair.
"Do you think he's mad at me?" I say nervously
"No, I think he knows it is just a game and nothing romantic," Winnie reassures me.
"I felt nothing," I say as I stare into space.
"I could tell," Winnie responds as she sways in the chair. "I've kissed my mom with more chemistry." She laughs. I can't help but chuckle. I haven't had any girl talk since Mel. It's nice.
"Let's go down there before they kill each other," I suggest. We get up and go downstairs. When we make it back down there I can see they have picked up our dinner mess and are now playing video games on the sofa. I don't remember having any sort of game counsel so I assume that Miles brought it when he moved in.
"I see you boys are bonding." Winnie quips
"Yeah well with you girls gone, we could finally do something worthwhile." Elias Teased
"Oh is that what's going on here." She replies her voice drenched with sarcasm.
"Winnie, I enjoy your presence but we are preoccupied," Noah says slightly annoyed.
"Wow, that's not what you were saying last..." she was cut off.
"OK, that's enough," Miles interjects. "I would enjoy it if you would spare me the image."
"Miles." I finally say after being silent throughout this whole ordeal.
"Yeah, Delly?" He replies.
"Can we talk?" I say meekly
"Of course" he gets up and leads me into his room and shuts the door. "What is it?"
"Are you upset with me?" I ask, hardly wanting to know the answer.
"No Dell." He says as he pulls me into his chest. "If anything I would be mad at Elias, all of this is his doing." He talks over the top of my head and toys with my hair.
"Really?" I pull away and look up at him. He looks down at me and smiles.
"Really." He responds. "If anything it made me a bit jealous." He smirks and grabs hold of me playfully throwing me over his shoulder and dropping me on the bed. I laugh as butterflies swarm in my stomach. He towers over me and his smirk turns into a grin before he kisses me and nibbles at my lip before playfully kissing my cheeks and landing one last peck on my nose. "I love you Dellah" His eyes burn through me.
"I love you Miles." I smile, my cheeks are still red and the butterflies won't let up. I love it. We go outside and are greeted with whistles and Ooos and Awes.
"What was going on in there?" Noah asks.
"They were talking." Elias teased.
"Oh leave them alone." Winnie scolds and shoots me a smile as if she was asking me to tell her all about it later.
"Ok," Miles interjects. "I think it's time to turn in for the night, take lots of food." He says urging them out the door. As they leave there is a chorus of "goodbye" and "see you at school" before silence takes over. Miles and I start our nightly routine and meet in the living room freshly showered with brushed teeth a half hour later.
"You staying with me tonight?" He asks.
"Can I?" I question.
"Always." I smile and follow him to bed.