The Explosion

I wake up for the second day in a row with the heartwarming weight of Miles on my chest and the blare of the alarm ringing in my ears. I am a little disappointed, yet relieved that things didn't escalate with Miles last night. With my parents not here and the amount of tension between us, I have been trying my best not to misbehave. Minus the bed sharing and steamy kisses, we have refrained from anything that would... "taint my innocence." If you know what I mean. I have never been in a relationship before and I want to do things right, and Miles has been nothing but gentle and patient but I can feel that he's becoming apprehensive. His affection is growing more and more every day, he would never ask for anything but I can feel it.

"Wake up sleepyhead" I whisper in his ear and land a multitude of kisses all over his face.
"Arggggg" he growls and rolls over letting a second dose of sleep consume him.
"Come on Miles you need to wake up". I plead
"But you were tossing and turning all night," he grumbles. He was right, this is the second night in a row that I have had a nightmare. I feel bad for keeping him awake. "I was up all night just sitting there with you. Not in a creepy way," he says, his voice tired.
"Maybe I should go back to my room at night," I propose.
"No." he sighs as he scoops me up. "I will miss you too much." He's adorable but what is he going to do when my parents come back? Maybe if I tell them about my night terrors they will just let me stay with him. Probably not, but one can hope.
I slip out from under him and go upstairs to get dressed. When I come back down I grab a bowl of cereal and throw on my shoes. Today I settled for straight-leg jeans, a cropped fitted tank, and a flannel. I call for Miles and off we go to hell.
"So, are you going to punch somebody in the face today?" Miles teased.
"Does that include you?" I quip
"Wow, feisty today are we?" he laughs
"A little but you'll survive" I respond.
"I love you," he says his eyes on the road
"Love you," I say quickly and sweetly as I flash him a smile. We pull into the school parking lot and complete our usual routine of embarrassing ourselves. When we are greeted by Avalon.
"Gag" she sneers. "Do you need to have him lift you out?" she says disgustedly. I turn red.
"What do you want?" I avoid the question.
"Nothing in particular," she says, her voice trailing as she checks her nails. "Just to make your life a living hell." she smiles, her voice peppy and annoying as ever.
"Do you want me to bust your face again?" I ask, obviously sick of her garbage attitude. she rolls her eyes and walks away. I really don't know what she has against me other than what happened at the lake. That has literally nothing to do with her though. I don't know but I intend on finding out.
"What is her problem?" Miles asks as if he was reading my mind.
"I have no Idea." With that, we drift through our day and nothing eventful happened. When the lunch bell rings I find myself relieved that the first half of. The day is over but the second half which includes sitting next to a certain ponytailed snob is yet to come. Miles and I walk into the cafeteria and seat ourselves in the same spots as yesterday, but the atmosphere is different. I look up and am faced with why, Aurora. I smile at her and then make a face at Elias, he gives me a look that could kill and I can't help but chuckle.
"Am I missing something?" She says sheepishly with a nervous smile
"Oh no of course not, It's just not like Elias to bring someone new is all" I respond to calm her nervousness.
"Oh, ok," she says, obviously more relaxed. I look at her and it hits me how different she is from Elias. Elias is dark, witty, and foreboding. While Rory is bubbly, sweet, and light. She is wearing a yellow babydoll top and a pair of light-wash jeans that have embroidered butter-ups on the pockets. Elias has on a black hoodie and dark-wash denim shorts accompanied by a black pair of sneakers. At least his socks are white. "Are you guys coming to the Bonfire this weekend?" Rory asks changing the subject.
"Noah and I are." Elowyn chirps
"Same with me and Dellah," Miles responds. We all turn to Elais. He rolls his eyes at us and turns to Rory.
"Aurora, would you like to go with me?" He asks his voice half monochrome, half anxious.
"Yeah, sure." She pushes a curl behind her ear and smiles. She likes him, I can tell.