Hungover

I wake up with a pounding headache and a soreness in my inner thighs. I hear the alarm blare, it pierces my eardrums and makes my head throb, I can't believe that thing is set for the weekend. When I crawl out from under Miles, and fumble to my feet I get dizzy. I waddle my way into the kitchen and get a cup of coffee. As I sip I grab my phone from the counter and scroll through Google looking for ways to cure a hangover. Pickle brine and caffeine, would you look at that, I'm halfway there. I then open Instagram and am greeted with pictures from last night. As I scroll my heart drops, I click on the video and find myself completely plastered and dancing like nobody else is there. Not in a hot way either. Then I see Jason creep behind me with lust in his eyes and grab at me, I feel sick. Within seconds Miles is swinging and Jason's on the floor the video cuts off when Miles throws me over his shoulder. I look up to check to see who posted it and sure as shit it was one of Avalon's minions,

Miles comes out of the room and when he spots me he smiles, "Good Morning Gorgeous" He growls and kisses my neck. "I missed you." He laughs and continues to plant kisses toward my collarbone, I let out a sigh and pull away trying to pull myself together while I melt in his arms, it's too early for this.
" We have been apart for twenty minutes." I quip
"I still missed your pretty face." He smiles, picks me up, and carried me to the couch plopping down so I am seated on his lap and he is looking up at me.
"What do you wanna do today angel?" He asks sweetly. Angel. That's a new one.
"I don't know, clean," I grumble. "I don't know when my parents are getting here."
"How about we go out for breakfast?" He suggests ignoring my pessimism.
"I don't wanna...I am all sore and hungover." I start to whine and then catch myself.
"Sore from what?" He smirks. He knows what. I pout, in an attempt to make him feel bad. It works.
"I'm sorry Delly." He pulls me in. " You want me to run you a hot bath?" He asks as he rubs his fingers along my spine.
"No..I-"Before I can Finish a wave of nausea washes over me, I jump up from his lap and bolt for the bathroom I heave over the toilet bowl and the contents of my stomach empty themselves. My ears are ringing so I hardly hear Miles rush in and remove my hair from my face making a ponytail with his hand. I feel the heat of his hand on my back, he is trailing it up and down to console me. I'm sure he's experienced Mel would get trashed all the time. Not to mention Miles is the kind of guy to help drunk girls at parties in the most platonic way possible, I say platonic because he treats every girl the way he would want Mel to be treated, and I admire that. When I am done vomiting I look up at him thinking He would be disgusted but instead, he smiles and wipes the vile from the corners of my mouth with a wet rag and lays my head on his lap. He starts to play with my hair, tucking it behind my ear.
"Feel better Del?" He asks as he plants a kiss on my forehead. I nod and feel myself drift off suddenly exhausted as if puking was an Olympic sport.

***

I come to and take in my surroundings. I am in my bed and my hair is tied up in the worst ponytail in the world which tells me exactly what I need to know. Miles had Carried me upstairs and tucked me into my bed. But why my bed? His is closer...whatever, doesn't matter. I reach onto my nightstand for my phone but don't find it. I look around my room and suddenly it doesn't feel like mine. I haven't slept here in over a week. I find myself longing for Miles' sheets and his embrace. I am such a baby when I am sick, maybe it's only child syndrome. My parents babied me to no end when I was little, especially when I was sick. I am so lost in my thoughts I hardly noticed that Miles had walked through the door.
"Good Morning Sleepyhead" he chirps and hands me water.
"Hi," I respond and take small sips from the glass. "Why am I upstairs?" I ask
"Well after last night I figured that the sheets in my bed probably need a wash." He answers. "So I carried you up here so you didn't have to recover on the couch." He smiles and sits next to me. I move over and lay my head in its respective place on his lap.
"Thanks for the hair." I quip and snicker.
"I tried my best." He grins.
"Have you heard from my parents?" I ask "Are they coming home?" I sound whiny but this time I don't bother trying to camouflage it. I do not want to be the girl who cries for her mommy when she is a little queasy but I can't help it. I feel like shit, I am never drinking again.
"No Delly, but I can go get your phone and check." He offers.
"Please," I say in response.
"Sure thing." He smiles and pecks my cheek. When he makes his way downstairs I sit up and fix my pony. I look down at myself and find that I am still wearing his shirt. Memories of last night flash in my brain, the good and the bad. I miss my parents but I don't want them to find out about last night. They are already treating me differently because of the blood lake I can't shake the images from my brain. Just when I thought I may spiral Miles comes back with my phone.
"Your mom texted they are coming back tonight." He smiles. "You feeling better?" He asks softly.
"A little...what am I going to do when my parents get home?" I inquire, worried. He claims his spot next to me.
"I'll clean the house and say you have a stomach bug." He pushes my hair behind my ear. "Don't worry your pretty little head about it." He gives me a half smile. "How about I run you a bath." He offers.
"I reek of vomit and booze, don't I?" I ask even though I know the answer.
"Just a little." He smiles and gets up to fulfill his promise. I do not know how I got so lucky with him, I don't deserve it.