I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter One

Quote of the Chapter (QOC): 

"When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew."

~William Shakespeare

Aiden:

"Today is the first day of 10th grade for my Ace-Cakes!" My mom said as she took my hands in hers and kissed my knuckles lovingly. "My baby boy's all grown up, I'm going to cry!"

I groaned, clearly annoyed, and hugged her. It's been the same act every year when I turn older or when I move up a grade.

Oh Ace-Cakes, you're so tall! Last year you were a wee-little baby! Tomorrow, I feel as if you'll be moving out! Time flies, doesn't it, honey?

"Brynne," She said, bringing her closer towards us. "Please keep my little, wittle, big guy out of harm's way. I know you'll both do amazing this year again. You both are so talented..."

"I will, Malini. I promise." Brynne said, agreeing.

We both walked outside my house, onto the street, and started to walk to our school. Brynne has been my best friend since god-knows how long. Last night, she stayed over, courtesy of my mom, so that she could walk to school with me today. It was a night where I couldn't sleep, whatsoever. She kept on talking about this girl she'd met over the summer in California, how they exchanged numbers, and hung out a lot, et cetera. Gosh, who knew Brynne would obsess over one person so much? I have no idea what that could feel like, and I plan to never feel that in my entire life.

"So." She smirked. "How many days are you going to miss this year, Ace-Cakes?"

"Oh my gosh what is with you and every single time my mom calls me that?" I said, facepalming. "Also, I only missed so many days last year because I was sick a bunch."

"Mhmm." She replied, looking up to me. "Yeah. You were totally sick. That was also why you got your car taken away because you were driving it around too much outside of school. Because you were oh, so, so, sick... Poor Ace-Cakes!!!"

Brynne pinched my cheeks mockingly and then proceeded to dramatically faint on the ground beside me.

I sighed and looked to my right. I saw a girl our age with smooth brown skin, and dark hair that was kept neatly in a braid walk past us on the street parallel to us. She wore some black jeans with a light yellow hoodie and a blue backpack. Her braid was on her left shoulder while her hoodie was up. She stared down at her phone, probably playing a video game. I tilted my head back towards the road in front of me and continued walking normally, listening to Brynne ramble about how her future is going down the drain. Five seconds later, I heard a loud bang and I looked to my side to find that that girl had walked straight into a pole while staring into a screen. I winced, feeling the pain, and tried to go on with my day.

She's the girl that was super weird and told me that she knew where I lived. I guess she just moved into the new house across from us. I never caught her name, did I?

Brynne noticed me glancing at the girl again and again. She raised her eyebrow slyly.

"Oh?" She said, smirking once more. "Let's go say hi to that girl who you can't take your eyes off of."

"WHAT?! HECK NO!" I screamed, feeling the heat creep up the back of my neck.

Brynne started dragging me across the street and towards the girl. I shook her off and ran back to the side we were originally on. She ran after me.

"Whaaat???" Brynne asked. "There's no harm in saying hi!"

"Remember when I told you about that girl that said 'I know where you live?'"