I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Four

QOC:

"To travel far there is no better ship than a book."

~Emily Dickinson

Brynne:

I jumped up and down as I waited for everyone to show up to the park. It was already 12:50 in the evening, and I decided to show up earlier to take a jog around the park and warm up. I was wearing a dark royal blue sports jacket and black leggings, with a little blue choker around my neck. It's a little gift that I received from my uncles a few years back on my birthday. My trophy-bracelets jingled around on my wrist as I bounced up and down repeatedly, waiting for everyone to show up. Suddenly, I felt someone creep up behind me. So, out of reflex I grabbed their wrist and threw them on the ground in front of me.

Guess who it was?

It was Aru.

"Owwwww," She said, wincing. "That hurt... You're really strong, dude."

"I know, which is why you shouldn't have messed with me in the first place like that, Shah." I said, giving her a hand to get up.

I looked her up and down. She was dressed in nothing but black denim shorts and a light yellow shirt. I raised my eyebrow, at her as she picked the pieces of grass that were still stuck in her now double-braided hair.

"Are you not cold in that outfit?" I asked.

"Yes. Indeed I am, but the weather will warm up over the day." She replied. "I know it will."

"Okay..." I said cautiously, "But if you need a jacket I'll just lend you mine!"

"Thanks Brynne." She replied, grateful.

"ARUUUU!!!!" I heard someone yell behind me, "BRYNNE!!!!"

Mini came jogging towards us and tackled us to the floor with a bear hug.

"I think I broke something this time," Aru said, getting up slowly.

Mini rolled her eyes. "No you didn't. I landed in a way where you wouldn't have, don't worry. The most that would've happened was a tiny bruise."

I got up and high-fived Mini. "Have you been working out? I feel like you've gotten stronger!!"

"I have, thank you for noticing! Starting small though, so it'll take a little bit!" She replied happily. "Also, do you guys like my purple hoodie? Rudy got it for me yesterday on our date. I stole the sweatpants from Aru though, don't worry, I washed them twice before wearing them."

She grinned and hopped towards the bench that I'd set my stuff on earlier.

I turned to Aru sharply, catching her attention immediately. "Is Aiden doing better? He hasn't texted me back since yesterday..."

"He's fine," Aru said, "We had a really long talk together last night, he seems okay, but one thing I noticed was that whenever he hides his feelings, he's crazy good at it."

"Yeah," I replied, "I know, he's been like that for his entire life. He usually ends up just walking away from those situations with huge grudges. I don't know, he's just sensitive, he doesn't seem like it, but he is. Trust me."

Aru giggled. "I caught on to that. Oi, where are Rudy and Aiden anyway?"

Mini apparently heard Aru say that, because next thing we knew, she told us that Rudy would be an hour late, because he needed to pick a new DJ name that would 'set him apart from the group' but not get him bullied, something other than the name 'DJ Snekky Snek.'

I raised my eyebrow. "DJ Snekky Snek?"

"You heard that right," a voice behind me said.

I looked at where the voice was coming from. It was Aiden. Today, he was wearing his signature green hoodie with navy-blue sweatpants, and Shadowfax hanging at his chest. He looked down at his prized-possession of a camera.

"That's what he's been doing," Aiden said, showing us a picture of Rudy in his flashy outfit. "He wanted me to take 'professional pictures' for him, but I refused. I took one picture when he wasn't looking, and he looks like a goober in it, look."

Aru jumped up behind him and stared at the picture that was displayed on the face of the camera.

She giggled. "He looks stupid."

"Heyyy, he's probably not that bad," Mini said, pausing to look at the picture, "Okay wait you're not that wrong."

"I also took a few pictures of when you guys had Aru on the ground, multiple times!" Aiden said, showing us different pictures.

He clicked to the first one, of Aru creeping behind me to attempt to scare me, then a picture of me throwing her to the ground due to reflex, one of me helping her up, then Mini tackling us both to the ground, then helping Aru up again, all three of us laughing together, etc.

"How long have you been here?!" Aru asked Aiden. "Creep."

Aiden grinned. "C'mon, you're one to talk. I've been here a while, I wanted some worthy things to take pictures of."

"Well, at least you chose well." She said, posing sassily against a lamppost, "I'm very much worthy enough to take pictures of. In fact, I'm the best person here to do so with."

"Keep dreaming, Shah," He replied, snapping a picture of her. "The first picture I got of you was when you fell on the ground in your room, face up. That, I will admit, was a masterpiece and a keeper."

"I told you to delete that!" She replied angrily.

The two continued to bicker as Mini and I gazed at them.

"They're cute, aren't they?" Mini asked.

"Meant to be from the very beginning." I replied simply.

"Pact to get them together?" She offered, holding up her pinky to me.

"Hell yeah." I said, smirking while sealing the deal with a pinky swear. 

How's that for a really short chapter?? I know, I know, I could've written more, but I really am tired after today. This is all I can manage, lmao! I spent literally seven whole hours of today ruining perfectly good clothes with exterior paint for a mural... I have to work tomorrow too before break is over. I'm so sad that Spring Break is over though, apparently we can't have too many nice things in this world. 

I promise some ooey-gooey stuff next chapter and hopefully I'll upload another one tomorrow! I'll try and make it longer than a thousand words this time, lol.

I also wanted to thank y'all for more than a 100 reads so far in total! I didn't expect this to happen! I really does make me happy ❤️❤️❤️

Feel free to drop suggestions down in the comments for the next chapter, or just say hi, It makes me suuuuuper happy :))

See y'all soon!!

Love, 

Mona✨🌕✨

 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️