I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty Eight

QOC:

"I'm old school i still like flowers and real dates."

~Unknown

Aiden:

The next morning was hella awkward. I don't know what got into me last night but I had no way to hold myself back, and it's not like I could've just said 'Hey dude, I was like totally high last night and I did random shit,' because well for one, that'd be straight up lying, two, that's unattractive, and three, I can't just hurt Aru again. I know I can't just deny my feelings more and more so I guess I'm just going to go with whatever comes my way. Currently, Aru and I are eating breakfast together at her dining room table. I had woken up early to freshen up and make a little bit of oatmeal for us. She stared at her phone across from me, occasionally glancing at me and then shooting her gaze right back to her phone the next second. I also had my phone out, and was listening to music while kicking my feet back and forth to the beat. I probably looked like a child with my messy curls that were not brushed and my pajama's still on. I looked out the window that was behind Aru, and stared at the backyard, watching the clouds clump up and darken. It was a cold morning, and mother nature had planted a thin layer of ice on the tips of plants outside. Don't get me wrong though, I love gloomy days, but I don't love it as much when your finger's turn purple from the freezing weather.

I cleared my throat, and focused my gaze on her, trying to actually make eye contact and break the awkward silence. "So..."

Her head whipped up and our eyes locked. She tilted her head ever so slightly, waiting for me to speak, but I didn't know what to say, because I had forgotten when she stared directly at me. I looked down at my hands through the see-through-glass of the table, fiddling with them and trying to remember what I wanted to say, flustered.

I finally recovered my thoughts after a good ten seconds. "Do you wanna go to the fair that's in town today?"

I looked back at her, waiting for her answer. Now it was her turn to get flustered.

"Uhm," She said, pausing, "Y-Yeah, why not? I'll go upstairs and get ready? Do you want time to get out of your pajamas too?"

I looked at myself in the reflection of the window, and decided that was most definitely needed. I nodded, and told her that I'd be back in thirty, and that we'd meet up at my house so that we could take my car to the fair.

"Do you want me to ask Brynne, Mini, and Rudy to come? We could invite Hira too, so that Brynne doesn't feel left out," She offered.

I hesitated. I wanted to go with Aru by ourselves, and spend a little time with each other without any annoying distractions.

Ahem, Rudy.

Was I asking for too much too soon?

Screw it, I'mma just tell her what I'm feeling.

"If you want to, sure," I said, contradicting myself.

YOU BACKSTABBER!

Don't blame me, I can't do shit because I'm a nervous wreck.

Talking to yourself is weird.

Shut up.

Aru looked at me, with almost a hurt look on her face. Did I say something wrong?

"Oh..." She said, "I'll ask them, I guess."

My eyes widened. Did she want me to say no?

"OR WE DON'T HAVE TO ASK THEM!" I said, rushed, throwing my hands out in front of me in an attempt to make a 'stop' motion.