I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-One

QOC:

"Where there is love, there is life."

~Mahatma Gandhi <3

Aru:

Weeks have gone by, after Aiden and I kinda made up. It was a halfway thing. We weren't really meeting up as often, or talking as often, but we were still in each other's eyes. I could see him at the corner of my eye at most times during class just staring at me somberly. My logic was that if you wanted to get with someone, and they wanted to get with you too, then you should be together. But for some random reason, he was really just holding himself back. It was stupid, but I decided that I had to shove my feelings for him deep down because well, they were only hurting me. It's true, it did hurt whenever I knew he was laughing without me, but at the same time, I knew it also hurt for him to see me with Leo. Speaking of Leo, we've become really good friends, and to be honest, I kinda have a tiny crush on him after getting to know him. It's been about a month since he asked me to the dance, and the dance is in two weeks. The other day, Mini and I convinced Brynne to come dress shopping with us. I myself am not the type to wear dresses either, but I do like the feeling of looking like a princess once in a while, if that makes sense. My birthday is on the day of the dance, and I'm really excited. I'm planning to make a huge entrance and make everyone's eyes turn on me. Just kidding, you know me, no one cares about ol' Arundhati Shah. Just a random Indian girl that's totally ordinary.

Totally ordinary.

Rudy recently got a car for his 16th birthday, and gods, he's been obsessed with it. I mean, I would be obsessed with driving too if I just got my own license, but unfortunately that's in another few months. I have to wait patiently for a little longer. According to Mini, Rudy's been looking for excuses to drive his extravagant vehicle, so me, being the absolute genius I am, decided to take advantage of the situation and have Rudy drive us around the city while we looked for some dresses. I've never really looked for dresses for any dance in general, because there's usually something simple and comfortable at home to wear. Plus, it's not like anyone's gonna be looking at me or for me, I'm just there to have fun. But this dance was different. It was a Valentine's dance, and I had a date, and it was on my birthday. It was just a huge sign from the universe to do something, so I am.

"I still can't believe you guys dragged me here," Brynne said, groaning next to me in her seat, "I'm not gonna wear a stupid piece of cloth in which I don't feel comfortable in!"

"Brynne," Mini started in the front seat next to Rudy, "You do know that Hira is coming, right?"

Brynne blanked beside me for a split second, no expression on her face. In a split second, her skin became red as she found out this fact.

"WHAT?!" She yelled, freaking out.

The car swerved for a moment as Rudy got spooked from Brynne's sudden outcry. "JESUS! NO NEED TO YELL! I WAS ABOUT TO CRASH MY BABY!"

I facepalmed and shook my head while chuckling. "Hira's coming to the dance as your date, dummy. She told you on the call, remember?"

"NO! I DON'T REMEMBER!" She panicked, running a hand through her hair.

I glanced at Mini and Rudy in the rearview mirror then back at my best friend that was horrified while sitting next to me.

"We were all on a call on your phone in your room while she told you??" I said, trying to jog her memory, "You said yes???"

She shook her head. "Sorry. I must've been plagued with other thoughts. My heads been a mess lately."

I furrowed my brows in concern. "Do you wanna talk about it?"