I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Thirteen

QOC: 

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."

~Aristotle

Aiden:

These stupid idiots have been reminding me about the Leonard Wolfe situation. I didn't even know that was his name. I know I made a mistake that day by saying that I was taking Shah on a date, but I had literally no other choice otherwise Leonard wouldn't have left her alone. Currently, I'm sitting on the floor of our gym in our fifth period P.E. class, cautiously keeping an eye on Aru, because her assigned seat is next to Leonard.

She seems really uncomfortable. For god's sake leave her alone your pervert!

I'm stuck in this situation because I can't just walk up to them and be like, "HEY! I'M DATING ARUNDHATI SHAH!" in front of everyone, when we're not. I mean, everyone knows that I would NEVER date anyone, ever. I don't have those feelings. But seeing Aru next to that guy and talking to him normally makes me mad. I just don't know why though. And it's not like I can't talk to anyone else about it, if my mom came to know, she'd bring Brynne, Rudy, and Mini over and start planning a wedding. The point is, I don't like Aru Shah, and I never will.

"AIDEN!" Coach whisper-yelled at me, "I know, boys your age are goin' through some weird stuff, but you gotta stop makin' googly eyes at Ms. Shah, okay?"

My face flushed. "I'm not making googly eyes at her!"

"Yes you were–" She retorted," Okay, anyway, just keep it outsid'a school and in your bedrooms."

"COACH!" I yelled, blushing.

She ignored me and blew her whistle and motioned for everyone to get up and head to the track. Aru got up and ran over to me, shuddering.

"That kid–" She said, hesitating, "Gosh I can't with him. He's nice, but like he just gives me a bad vibe, y'know?"

"If you want then I could talk to him and see if he'd back off–"

"NO!" She said, cutting me off, "NO. It's not that dire of a situation."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and huffed, knowing that she wouldn't give up no matter what. We both walked the track twice, as promised and then after that Coach let us sit on the field with free time till the end of the period.

"I miss Mini." Aru moaned, sitting on the grassy floor, "Apparently her boyfriend is more important than me."

"I'm kinda glad she's keeping Rudy company," I replied, "Otherwise he'd be constantly sucking the life out of me."

Aru chuckled at me. "Imagine having an annoying cousin."

I pouted. "Imagine being annoying."

"Hey!" She said, plucking a daisy from her side, "It takes hard work to be this appealing, you snob."

"You're the troll," I replied.

She scooted her knees up to her chest and then laid her head adorably on top of them. She plucked one petal at a time from the flower until everything was gone. I watched her silently as she hummed along the lines of "Bloody Mary," by Lady Gaga. She was wearing a navy blue and white striped shirt today, with black jeans and her golden bangles jingling on her slender and dainty wrist. The wind tussled with her hair gently, brushing her curtain bangs into her face ever so slightly. You could say she looked a little otherworldly, like a goddess, a little majestic. My hand reached up to gently brush her bangs away and tuck them behind her ear. Her skin felt so soft against my fingers. Suddenly, her head whipped towards me with wide eyes and red cheeks. I immediately recoiled my hand, realizing what I'd done only in that moment.