I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Two

QOC:

"I loved you yesterday, I love you still, I always have and I always will." 

~Tim Walters

Aiden:

Today was a lovely Saturday morning. I'd woken up and decided to do something good for my body and actually eat a good breakfast after a small jog around the neighborhood. I decided to head to the gym and workout for another hour, then I arrived home and took a long and cold shower. My mom wasn't home, again, because she said she was meeting up with some girls for tea. I was home alone for the day, with freedom to do whatever I wanted to. It was starting to get cold outside in Atlanta this February, but I do love it when it's this weather. As of now, I'm walking around the neighborhood with my earbuds in. I was supposed to go meet a family friend at one of their events in another few hours as their photographer for their function. So I just decided to pass the time by doing something other than staring at a screen till then, and walking outside in the cold weather seemed like a good idea. I was wearing a black sweater with a white collared shirt underneath and some baggy blue jeans. The outfit was keeping me warm while also allowing me to bask in the frostiness of the day. I liked looking like an 'elegant shadow.'

"Do you see how cute that guy is?" A young girl whispered to her friend while walking past me, "Dude he's literally so fine."

I looked at her and smirked while I raised an eyebrow, and she got flustered and looked away. I was quite used to this mannerism from random strangers, and to be honest, it's quite flattering, but at times you wonder if people actually like you for you instead of for your looks or popularity. I myself usually try to keep away from all the kids who are well known around the school, because with them, there's usually a lot of drama. I hate drama with a burning passion. I can't stand it. Arielle is always trying to get me to hang out with her clique even though I try and make it as known as possible that I hate her guts. With that being said, a lot of people at school still look at me as if I am one of the popular kids. I've never really cared for the title, as much as one would think. I'd get rid of it if I could. I have my own little group that I constantly hang out with. I got their back and I know for a fact that they have mine as well. They're enough for me. As I turned the corner of the street I'd been walking on, I snapped a few pics of the plants lined across a wild field and the trees and stared down at my camera to see if I needed to retake any photos. As I kept walking, my curly hair started to fall over my eyes again, so out of habit I brushed them up. A car rode past me and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone waving frantically at me. I looked up and saw Rudy in the driver's seat and Mini next to him in the passenger seat, blushing madly. I glanced at the seats in the back out of habit to check and see if Aru was there, but unfortunately she wasn't.

Snap out of it.

"Hey cuz!" Rudy said, grinning while leaning out of his window, "How do you like the new car?"

"Looks awesome dude," I replied, beaming at him, "Taking your girl for a ride?"

Beside him, I heard Mini grumble to herself and I looked at her and found she was blushing even more now.

I laughed. "Did you get the car because of daddy's money?"

Now it was Rudy's turn to blush.

"No," He started, defending himself, "It was Paati's money," He whispered in a low voice.

"Sorry what?" I joked, leaning closer to pretend to hear him, "I couldn't hear that."

"It was Paati's money," He mumbled again.

"Repeat that please?" I mocked.

"TWAS PAATI'S MONEYYY!!" He finally yelled, zooming off into the road once more.