I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Seventeen

QOC:

"The quality of our lives depends not on whether or not we have conflicts, but how we respond to them."

~Thomas Crum

Aiden:

All I could think about that night was the kiss I'd shared with Shah. I had called Rudy, because, well, let's face it, sometimes there are things you don't talk about to your parents. My mom would just be squealing all night, and she'd do something crazy like plan a wedding with Aru's mom and perhaps the whole world, my dad and I aren't on talking terms just yet, I couldn't talk to Aru about herself and my problem with her, Brynne was just a total NO-NO, and Mini and I aren't too close. Plus, I'm pretty sure Mini would hate me for kissing her best-friend and doing nothing about it. I would do the same and in fact I do hate myself for that. Therefore, Rudy was my last choice because one, he's currently in a relationship so he has some experience, two, he's got a little bit of charm or rizz, and three, obviously he's my cousin which in case no one knows, basically if I don't tell my best friend first, it's going to be him next. I shoved a pillow in my face and screamed into it, then sat up from my bed and threw it at a wall.

"You just gotta confront her and tell her, dude," Rudy had said, "You're in too deep to just hide from her. So don't even think about it. Or else I'm going to tell Brynne that you're being a total idiot, and she's gonna beat you up!"

This Sunday morning was not going well, and as much as I didn't enjoy the thought of Brynne bruising me black and blue till I was every color other than my beautiful brown skin, I also absolutely despised the idea of confronting my feelings and talking to Aru.

"Well," I muttered to myself, "I just have to avoid her as much as I can. I can't go around school having feelings for anyone. I can't end up like mom and dad. I just can't do it."

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. Today, I just wanted to relax and forget about the world without anyone near me. I got up to go take a shower and change my clothes, when my phone pinged from across the room. I looked at the screen.

Can we talk?
Of course, as I expected, it was from Aru. My heart leaped again, beating faster and faster while seeing her name pop up on my screen. I thought of her and her gorgeous self, then told myself to 'snap out of it.' I wasn't ready for this yet. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. I just ignored the message and went to the restroom to freshen up and calm down.

^^^

After I was done with my shower, I walked to my closet to pick the clothes I wanted to wear. I picked up a pair of black jeans and an A-shirt. I saw my signature green hoodie folded neatly on a shelf, so naturally, I grabbed it. I slipped my clothes on and lastly my hoodie, to find that I hadn't worn it since Shah had given it to me. It smelt like her.

Dammit, why does everything seem to be against me in this decision? I'm only doing it so that I don't hurt her later in life. I couldn't live knowing I hurt Aru's feelings like dad did to mom. It's better off like this.

I slipped the hoodie off and shoved it on a random shelf, to switch it out for a gray sleeveless shirt instead. It was kind of edgy, I never really wore it unless I was just lazy or hot. The ends of the sleeves met with my shoulders and gave a torn and worn look. I fluffed my hair and walked downstairs to grab a few cereal bars and a bottle of water, to find that my mom was out of the house again. On the counter-top there was a sticky-note that read, 'AceCakes, I'll be out for the day. Love you and have fun! ~Mom.'

I crumpled the paper up and shot it into the trash can. I grabbed my phone and texted my mom telling her that I'd be out for the day as well. Probably just roaming around town in the park or the mall, taking time to myself. I walked down to the garage and opened it, got inside my car, and backed down to the road. Suddenly, I heard footsteps beside my car, and out of curiosity I looked to see who it was. There, I found Aru sitting on her driveway with her arms crossed, puffy eyes, and red cheeks. She glanced at the phone in my cup holder and then back at my face.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" She said, walking up to me,"I texted you, you saw it, but you didn't reply because you're so invested in what's best for yourself and you don't care about anyone else."

I winced. This wasn't how I intended things to be.

"Shah, I-"

"Nope. I'm not done speaking. Who do you think you are, to play with my feelings, hug me, mess with my bangs, kiss me, and then just run away? Dude! Wake up! I'm right here! I like you! You like me! So why are you running away?! I thought you'd be somewhat better about this but it's like you think I'm a game that you're just playing with. What the hell is actually going on?!"
I sighed and unlocked the car doors. "Do you wanna go for a ride while I talk to you?"

HIIIIIIIIII

I'M FINALLY OUTTA SCHOOL LOLLLLLL

What abt y'all?!?!?!? How's y'all's summer break going?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Do comment here and tell me abt it i'd love to see 'em

<3333

Bro I finally listened to Bad Blood after like YEARS and now i'm playing it on repeat 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Taylor Swift is a QUEEN

anyways

i gtg

BAI I LOVE Y'ALLLLLLL

Love, 

Mona✨🌕✨

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️