23 ✔️ lindie

"All right boys, soccer season has officially started! I expect two things from you all, the first is to always show up for every practice and every game, and the second is--and this is mainly directed to Hendrix and O'Neil--you guys need to get a...

"All right boys, soccer season has officially started! I expect two things from you all, the first is to always show up for every practice and every game, and the second is--and this is mainly directed to Hendrix and O'Neil--you guys need to get along!" My coach yells.

Pfft, yeah right.

"Sure, coach." Landon and I mumble.

He blows his whistle and that's our queue to begin practice.

The guys and I ran off before beginning our drills.

During the drills, I notice Landon waving at someone and when I look up in the stands I see Indie and Wren sitting there.

Indie happily smiles back at him and he sends her a wink.

I still can't believe he showed up at the carnival.

I mean I gotta hand it to him, he sure as fuck knows how to impress a girl but I still don't trust him.

I know how he's treated his ex-girlfriends and I don't want Indie to get hurt.

She can be mad at me all she wants but she's still my best friend and it's my job to keep her safe.

I've always protected her and I don't plan on stopping.

"Levi! Watch-" I turn around and a ball crashes into my face.

I immediately fall over while holding my nose.

When I look up I see Landon with a guilty look on his face.

"Fuck man, that was totally an accident." He says as he walks up to me and offers me a hand.

Oh please, this fucker has been out to get me for years and now that he has Indie, I'm gonna look like a jealous asshole if I try anything.

I just decided to ignore him and get up on my own.

I walk over to the benches and grab my towel while wiping my nose.

I bet he did that shit on purpose.

"You okay Hendrix?" My coach asks.

"Yeah."

"Then get your ass back on the field!" He yells before blowing the fucking whistle in my face.

I run back over to my teammates and my coach decides to split us off into two teams so we can scrimmage.

"Since you two can't seem to get along, you can settle your differences by being team captains." Our coach says.

Landon and I begin picking who we want on our team before splitting up.

He takes off his shirt and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

He never takes off his jersey, he just wants to impress Indie.

Our coach blows the whistle and I don't even hesitate as I run after the ball, I may be playing a bit aggressively but I need to fucking win this scrimmage.