46 ✔️ the final chapter

"Indie! This better be good, my eyeshadow is gonna get fucked up!" Emmy groans

"Oh trust me, it's good."

Levi and I came home a couple of days ago and we haven't told anyone yet.

We wanted to surprise them.

The only person who knows is his mom.

I'm sure you could imagine her shock when she saw her son at her front door just 2 months after he left.

"Indie! This thing is itchy!" Ro groans.

Oh right, now my friends are in my room with blindfolds on while Levi and I laugh our asses off.

"Alright, alright, you can take them off." I chuckle.

They all let out sighs of relief and as soon as they blink a couple of times, their eyes widen.

"Surprise!" Levi yells.

Everyone immediately rushes over to him and pulls him into a tight hug.

Ro and him hug for an extra long time and my heart melts at the sight.

"How are you here?" Wren asks.

"I'm going to school in Spain and I managed to convince Coach O'Neil to allow Levi to graduate with us," I tell them.

"Wait- you're going to Spain too?" Ambrose asks.

"I am."

"Awww now you two can be together!" Adie gasps.

"Yep."

I feel Levi wrap his arms around me and lay his head on my shoulder.

"So that's it? We're all graduating and none of us have to go through long distance? That seems too good to be true." Emmy mumbles.

"That's what I said!" Levi says.

"Look, let's just not jinx anything! Let's just graduate and then we can talk about all that other bullshit." I say.

"She's right." Everyone mumbles.

We all change into our caps and gowns and I weirdly feel myself getting emotional.

High school has done a lot for me.

I mean obviously, I met my best friend before high school but high school is where I met those who are closest to me.

My family.

High school is where I met Wren Ashford, the shy singer/songwriter with such a beautiful story to tell. She's gone through hell and back yet she doesn't let any of that stop her from being herself and doing what she loves.

High school is where I met Emory Grey, the sassy fashion designer who isn't afraid to put anyone in their place. Emmy doesn't befriend a lot of people, but if you're one of those lucky people, just expect that she will be the bestest friend you could ever have.