44 ✔️ i miss you

(There is a bit of a time jump in this chapter, it's been almost 2 months since Levi has left)

I quietly hum along to the chorus of "Feather" by Sabrina Carpenter while fishing up the last few touches of my final art project.

The project was to paint a moment in time that changed your life.

It took me weeks to figure out what I was gonna paint but I ended up painting the moment little Levi handed little Indie a pack of Oreos after ruining her dress with apple juice.

It was definitely a moment that changed my life.

It was the day I met my best friend and...the first boy I ever fell in love with.

Speaking of Levi, god I miss him so much.

We haven't had much time to talk since he's been so busy with practice and schoolwork and I've been busy studying for finals and finishing this project.

Plus, it doesn't help that there's a large time difference.

It took me about 2 weeks before I finally stopped crying over Levi leaving.

I never expected it to hurt so much.

But seeing him disappear through the airport doors, knowing that he won't be coming home any time soon literally killed me on the inside.

Now it's been almost 2 months since he left and things still feel weird with him gone but I guess I'm slowly getting used to it.

My phone suddenly starts to ring, cutting off the sound of my music and I quickly turn it over to see who it is.

I quickly prop my phone up against my water bottle and pick up the FaceTime call.

"Levi? Shouldn't you be asleep? It's almost 2 AM for you."

"Well hello to you too." He chuckles as he fixes the position of his phone.

My eyes immediately lock on his bare chest and wet hair...wow.

I am one lucky girl, that's all I have to say.

"Hi." I laugh.

"Hi."

"So, what are you doing up?" I ask.

"Couldn't sleep plus...I missed seeing your face." He says and my face immediately starts heating up.

"I miss you too."

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Remember when I told you about my final project for art?"

"Yeah, the one about a special moment in time? Right?"

"That's the one! I just finished it."

"Oh! Let me see it, please?"

I chuckle as I grab my phone and flip the camera so he can see the canvas.

"Wait- is that us? When I gave you the Oreos?" He asks with a laugh.