part 11

Priya opened her eyes with so much difficulty and squeezed them to get adjusted to the day light. her head started throbbing due to all the crying of last night. She slowly leaned to the headrest and tears slipped out of her eyes. She tried to control and wiped them but the fresh tears replaced them and she let out a sob covering her face.

Just a thought of leaving him is enough to hitch her breath and more than her she was concerned about him thinking how would he react but she has to do this. Trisha is the reason for whatever she is right now and she has done so much to her which she will never be able to pay back. Now this is her turn. She made up her mind with so much pain and it wasn't easy for her.

She took her phone which was laying lifeless and switched it on. There were 50 missed calls and many texts from Ram seeing this her eyes welled up instantly. She resisted herself from calling him and just texted him that they will meet as they planned and  switched off it again.

She was not in the mood to do anything hence took off from work and stayed at home. She was successful in masking her feelings and pain in front of her family and cried when she was alone. She just doesn't want this time to pass. What will she say to him?? Will he trust her?? How would he react??

Her mind was not at peace thinking all this. All she did was lock herself in the room and think about him where her eyes never stop spilling the tears.

As the clock strikes at 4pm she takes a shower. Wearing a simple white shirt and floral skirt she came and stood in front of the mirror. She stared at her reflection. Her eyes were red and swollen. She had black circles under her pretty eyes. He was the colour to her life. she looked like a painting which was dipped into water.

As she remembered the beautiful moments they spent, she felt pain in her heart. She took deep breaths to ease it. Masking her dark circles with the makeup she smiled ruefully before leaving for the venue.

Priya parked her car and went inside the hotel. A hotel management staff who was wearing a black suit, came to her.

Priya mam?? He asked bowing a little to which she nodded yes.

This way mam. Saying he made his way towards the lift and Priya followed him.

He stopped at the lift and looked back. Mam please. He said with his hand gesture and Priya got into the lift.

He pressed the floor number and left from there saying have a nice evening mam. She mimed a thank you with a faint smile.

Lift's door opened as the desired floor came. that's when Priya realised that she has reached the last floor. She came out of the lift and another man who was dressed up exactly like the previous person, approached and smiled at her.

Welcome mam.. please this way. He said pointing the stairs and walked behind her as she made her way upstairs. They reached the end of the staircase and Priya looked back at him who asked her to open the door with a smile. She opened the door and looked back but that man was not there.

The floor was fully dark and opened to the sky. she kept a step inside and was about to turn on the mobile torch but stopped as the bulb which was in the shape of heart lit up as soon as she stepped inside and her eyes travelled to each bulb as the series of heart shape bulbs which were placed in half metre distance from each other lit up one by one in 5 seconds interval. They were fixed on the parapet.

With the help of their light she was able to see him standing in the middle of the floor. She couldn't see his face clearly however her heart fluttered just with his not so clear view and she slowly started walking towards him.

As she kept each step towards him the transparent lighting balloons which were stuck all over the floor except a meter space to walk and the space where the table was kept were lit up. She felt like walking in between the stars.