2

IVY WAS THE FIRST and only person who was never afraid of Bigby. When she first saw him in the forest, she was helpless, her wings down and all alone. But she was never afraid of him. She just stood up and stared, just like she does to this day. Her gaze was heavy, as if he was trying to tell you something, but at the same time, it was light, as if you were looking at home.
That, apart from her smell, caught the wolf's attention a lot. She was so different... And cared for him when no one else would.
Bigby will never forget that.

****

BIGBY COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HE WAS LOOKING AT. Ivy's bare body, covered by a sheet that once was white, but now stained in red which smell was unbearable. A sharp arrow right in the middle of her forehead. She died with her eyes open.

There were many doubts around his mind, but they were all oblivious by the voice in his head that cried, "I can't believe that."

- Sheriff? I'm Sorry. Are you okay? - Beauty asked.

Bigby put his hand on his face and put the other on his waist.

- Do you know what happened?

- I told you. I heard Jack scream, when I came in he was gone. I found her like that.

"Why would she be sleeping with Jack? I thought she hated him..."

- Has anyone else seen it?

The blonde shrugged her shoulders.

- Probably not; I came as soon as I heard the noise. I just wasn't as fast as Jack.

"Why would he kill her?"

Bigby went around the room and noticed that the window was broken.

- Was that broken before? - He asked Beauty.

- I did not notice. - she replied, distressed. - I don't usually enter the rooms.

Bigby quickly noticed that what the direction of the arrow in Ivy's forehead corresponded to the hole in the window: probably someone outside had thrown. It made more sense than Jack simply putting an arrow in her head. That takes him off the suspect list, but he still had to be questioned.

Other than that, there was nothing else from the crime scene. Everything there was very strange, there was nothing in that motel room. Even the smell was weird; it wasn't Ivy's smell. It was probably all that blood.

- I need to call Snow. - Bigby turned to Beauty, who still had a horrified face. - To remove... her.

He was gonna say 'the body', but it didn't feel right.

- Sure. There's a phone at reception.

****

Despite being a bit inconvenient at times, Ivy was the only person Bigby genuinely liked. She was sweet, smart and independent. She didn't deserve that.

He frowned angrily every time he remembered she was with Jack in that room. Something was wrong. Maybe he had her spelled?

He was gonna kill that bastard.

After leaving the body downstairs, Bigby ran to the bussiness office where Snow was.

- Bigby! I... - she stopped talking when she saw that he didn't care what she had to say and walked straight to the Mirror.

- Mirror, show me Jack! - he growled.

And of course the Mirror would require a rhyme. Bigby almost kicked the object.