4

Ivy and Snow went to Trip Trap to break the news to Holly. That wasn't easy, but Ivy wanted to make sure she was the one to say everything. Holly wasn't very friendly. She said out loud what Ivy was thinking all along:

"It should have been you."

Snow always has a way of softening things up, so Holly calmed down. But Ivy still wouldn't be able to stay in peace for a long time...

While at the bar, Snow received a call and had to run to the office. Which meant Ivy would have to go back alone.

She left, trying to call a taxi as soon as possible... But the other person was much quicker in holding her and covering her mouth and dragging her into an alley.

Of course that would happen.

The figure was wearing black, his face covered by a mask, but it was clearly a man, and he had the bow and arrows. If it was Robin, Bigby would show up at any moment. But if he didn't, she knew how to defend herself.

- Who hired you? - Ivy pointlessly tried to ask. The man attacked her and she swerved. - You don't have to do that.

He struck again, hitting the cheekbone of the brunette's face. It hurt.

But she knew how to fight back, for a fairy. She hit the man in the uncovered part of the face, scratching deeply with her nails.

He took an arrow and went forward, trying to stick it in her face. She held his wrist, but he was much stronger.

She decided to use a move she had never tried and regretted in the same second: she headbutted the individual, and she suspected that it had hurt her more than in him. He fell back and hit his head on the floor. He didn't faint, but it was enough for him to stand still for a while, grunting.

She took his bow and arrow and bent down to take off the man's mask... and it was definitely not Robin Hood.

****

Meanwhile, Bigby went after the real Robin Hood, only to find that he no longer owned his bow and arrows; it was pawned at the Lucky Pawn. Bigby knew Robin wasn't lying, so he just left, angry and frustrated. If there was one thing he hated, it was wasting time, which he didn't have much left.

Arriving at Lucky Pawn, of course he had to pick a fight with someone to get what he wanted, and he almost became a werewolf this time. But he didn't start it.

He discovered that the bow and arrows were sold to a certain Peter.

- Peter? What Peter?

- You should know, Wolf. - Jersey replied. - He was one of the many people you tried to eat in the past.

Peter and the Wolf.

That was random... he probably used someone else's weapons to confuse Bigby and buy time. But Bigby already had the main information: the bastard's name. To find him, just ask the mirror. But at that time Bigby decided that he would go after Ivy; it had been a long time since she was alone with Snow with a killer out there after her. That is, if she was still with Snow. He returned to Woodlands, feeling a slight despair at seeing that Snow was there... and Ivy wasn't.

She was still in the alley with Peter, who had already stood up again and attacked her with sharp blows. He was without his weapons, but he was still stronger than her...

...But he didn't have powers.

Ivy reached out, and a trail of dark green "dust" came out of her palm and penetrated Peter, holding him. The magic was much stronger than him.

But when Ivy used her powers, she lost her glamour. Then his wings appeared, shining in a shimmering white, pink and green, and her ears became pointed.

- Who. Hired. You. - She demanded again. The man raised his chin, and Ivy didn't seem to know him. He was taller than her, his hair was straight and brown and he had a thin mustache and goatee.

- You should not forget your enemies, fairy.

- I have no enemies - she replied immediately.

- Are you sure? - The boy asked, slowly.

She thought for a moment, hating the stupid smile on the killer's face.

Ivy was fooling herself by avoiding thinking about the person she thought he was talking about, but the time has come to face the perhaps truth: her sister ordered her own murder.

She wasn't a very trustworthy fairy. In fact, she was a very bad being. She's done a lot of things against Ivy, and so she's in jail. Or she was. Even so, Ivy did not believe Maya could be so bad as to want her sister's death.

- I think you always knew. - Peter said.

- Why would you help her?

- Why does anyone do anything? - he replied, grumpy, frowning. - Money. Besides, she's quite a piece.

Ivy tilted her head and turned when she heard footsteps behind her.

- Ivy? Are you okay? - Bigby approached her and held her by the arms, and his eyes glowed with rage at seeing her face stained with bruises.

- Yes, Bigby - he touched her face, looking for any more bruises. - I'm fine.

She blushed so hard that she felt she had a fever.

- The Fairy and the Wolf. How cute. - Peter, still uselessly trying to fight the magic, commented.

- He's the killer - Ivy said and Bigby nodded.

- Peter, right? - The sheriff approached the man and removed the handcuffs from his pocket. - Ivy, you can release him.

She did as he asked and Bigby pinned the handcuffs to the killer's hands, so they returned to Woodlands.