7

The Wolf used the magic sword, transforming into human for the first time.

He was tall and strong, his hair was coppery brown, his eyebrows were thick and arched. His face was beautiful.

He looked at the fairy and she saw that his eyes, once yellow, became honey-brown. His gaze was intense, almost threatening. But she didn't feel threatened.

She stretched out the clothes she had stolen, and when he took them, she opened the most beautiful smile.

He was still not sure what he was doing. But that smile assured him that everything would work out.

****

Ivy and Bigby went up to the office, only to find that someone had broken the Mirror... their only chance to find Maya.

- How did she get in here? - Ivy asked.

- The doorman is not exactly the best employee, Miss Ivy. - Bufkin, who gathered the shards of the Mirror, replied.

Bigby walked around, one hand on his waist and the other on his chin.

- How long to fix? - He asked impatiently.

- About fifteen minutes, Mr Wolf.

Bigby snorted, leaning against Snow's desk. Ivy joined him, but said nothing. But the silence between them was never embarrassing... it was actually comfortable.

Even so, he felt the need to ask:

- Are you all right?

Ivy kept looking down, playing with her hands.

- Yes. I am - she looked at him.

He felt truth in her, which was strange. How could she be okay with her sister wanting to kill her?

The truth was that Ivy tried to kill her first, in the Homelands, like on the tale that mundanes know. Of course Maya was always envious and was a very bad fairy, but Ivy was more "radical" first. So all this didn't scare her so much.

What she found strange was that it had been a long, long time since all that. After the exile, Maya and Ivy had many... incidents. But she had never tried to kill Ivy. Maya committed many crimes against Ivy, so ended up being arrested. Somehow she got away.

So, yeah. Ivy was fine. It wasn't like they were friends, anyway.

- I just want this to end - she said, and laid her head on Bigby's shoulder. He turned his face at her, smelling her hair.

Bigby always handled her smell like it was a sin. He knew where she was every second of the day, whether she had good dreams or bad dreams. He knew when she was jealous, and he knew when she was happy or sad or angry. It didn't matter if he smoked a whole pack of cigarettes, he could never block her smell, and only her smell.But at that time, with her leaning on him... he strangely didn't feel guilty.

Even with his senses, Bigby could not tell if his feelings for her were reciprocal. He wasn't very good at that part, and he didn't have the attitude to bring it up. And it had been so long since he was in this that it was already pathetic to do something about it, at this point.

And despite all this time hanging out together, Ivy still thought he kept this lone wolf thing untouchable and cold. Looking at it like that, it seemed impossible that Bigby would have a love interest in anyone. So she also never expressed herself about her own feelings, which - obviously - were the same as his.

That was going on for a hundreds of years. It was pathetic.

- Miss Ivy? - Bufkin called, and she got up and went to him.