8

BIGBY KNOCKED ON IVY'S DOOR AT 8:00 sharp. When she opened it he almost started drooling.

She was wearing a long dress, dark green, strapless and velvet. The skirt of the dress had a slit that revealed her left leg. She blushed when she noticed Bigby staring down at her, but opened a shy smile.

- You look very handsome, Bigby - she raised her smile, and he scratched his neck.

He really looked good; the tuxedo looked good on him. Bigby also combed his hair back, and if Ivy didn't know him, she'd say he was some kind of prince.

- Thanks. You too... You look great - he replied, offering his arm, which Ivy took.

They walked to the elevator and went to the penultimate floor, where the dance took place. Most were already there, but no Maya. Yet.When they got out of the elevator, their names were announced. How stupid.

Bigby and Ivy sat down at a table, and she's already started drinking the champagne.

- Don't get drunk - Bigby warned, but he knew she was nervous. To tell the truth, he was a little bit too. But he had already warned Snow, who asked Flycatcher and Blueboy to stay alert and take everyone out of the Ball in case things got out of hand.

- Excuse me - someone they didn't know showed up with a camera. - Could I take a picture of you?

- Yes! Of course - Ivy said before Bigby could protest.

She pulled the chair closer to him, leaned towards him and smiled. Bigby just tried not to make a very ugly face.

The girl took the picture, thanked and left. Bigby looked at Ivy, who just said:

- Don't complain.

The mayor, King Cole, was onstage greeting everyone and kicking off the party. It wasn't a very purposeful dance, but they did it every year, so it became a tradition. It was kind of to end the summer.

The King then announced a slow song for the couples, who began to go to the dance floor.

- Ivy?

- Hm? - She turned to him.

- Let's dance. - he said and she was surprised at the way he spoke; usually he was more shy about these things. - It will be easier to see her from the dance floor.

Ah, so that's why he asked her to dance.

Bigby reached out, and she grabbed his hand and they went to the dance floor.

- I know I invited you, but you'll have to teach me how to do this. - Bigby said, and Ivy laughed.

- My God, are you completely devoid of social skills?

- Probably. - He smiled.

She placed one hand of his on her waist and one of her hands on his shoulder and held the other hand.

- Now, - she looked up at him. - When I go forward, you go back. And vice versa. Okay?

- Yes, dear. - He joked, but it was enough to make her blush.

She stepped forward, but Bigby didn't move, which resulted in her bumping her forehead into his nose.

- Ow! - He laughed. - Sorry.

Ivy let out a laugh. Bigby could be funny by accident, which made him even funnier.

They started dancing as best they could.

- Look up - Ivy said.

- Then I can't see my feet.

- You got some cool moves, Mr. Wolf! - Flycatcher screamed and Ivy held her laugh. Bigby looked at her.

- Don't look at me, you're the one who wanted to dance. - she laughed and Bigby smiled. She was even more beautiful when she smiled.

Bigby started thinking about what Colin was saying in the apartment. Did she really like him back?

Thinking about it made him come back the day they met, and after that, when she insisted he go to town with her. She always cared about Bigby. She didn't fear him, as everyone did. She understood him. She was his only friend. How could he not fall in love with her?

- What are you thinking? - She asked. His expression seemed so calm...

Bigby swallowed it hard. Ivy seemed like a mystery to him. And it wasn't just because he was bad at it; she didn't really show much if she had love feelings.

The only romance Ivy lived with was that prince who was looking for a fairy to be his bride. It was very brief, and soon the Exodus happened and he died. After that... she met Bigby.

There was something about him that she couldn't let go of, so she went after him and offered him the sword. She knew the Big Bad Wolf, but he didn't seem to be everything they talked about him. She felt he was good, and knew he only needed one chance. So she gave him.

So, yeah, Colin was right. Ivy always admired Bigby, and that admiration eventually became love. Even if she hid it even from herself.

In that case, it all depended on Bigby just talking.

- You.

Ivy narrowed her eyes on his.

- Me?

Damn it, Ivy. Show me something.

He decided to be a little more direct.

- I'm tired of pretending I don't feel anything for you, Ivy. - He said, low, but loud enough for her to hear. She could feel his breath on her face. - If you don't feel the same for me, just say so and we can pretend that I never said anything.

Is he really saying this? I'm not dreaming?

Ivy stared into his eyes, more intense than ever. They had been hanging out together for so long... Why was he saying that now? Was he really saying what she heard?

Ivy looked at their holding hands, leaning against his chest. He liked her.

- Bigby... - she raised her face again, but Bigby looked away. He let go of her hand.

What?

- He's here - he said, looking around.

- What? Who?

- Peter - Bigby grunts, sighting him in a corner of the hall. The idiot even waved to him.Cheeky.

- How did he escape? - Ivy wondered as Bigby dragged her to another corner of the hall.Before he could answer, someone else came in and announced his name:

Miss Maya.