3

EVERYONE QUESTIONED BIGBY because of his past. Obviously being the Big Bad Wolf wasn't the best of reputations. But he was given the job of sheriff for a reason. He was trying to do what was right, but it seemed like nobody wanted to see it.

Ivy could see even before Bigby. She never cared whether he was bad or not, she just wanted him to have a decent life. And deep down, she knew he was a good person.

And she was right.

****

BIGBY COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HE WAS LOOKING AT. Again.

Ivy was alive and well, in front of him, she was fine. The sheriff's expression exuded confusion, and hers wasn't much different.

- Bigby?

He couldn't say a word.

- How can you be alive?! - Bluebeard exclaimed.

- What the fuck are you talking about? I was never dead! - she replied, while Bigby couldn't take his eyes off her.

- Listen! - Jack said, and everyone turned to him. - That's what I'm saying. The woman who died was a prostitute glamoured to look like Ivy!

Everyone was silent for a few seconds until Ivy exploded.

- Jack! You're sick bastard! What kind of psycho does a fucking thing like that?! You're disgusting! - she continued to speak while filling him with very generous slaps, until she got tired and left.

Before following her, Bigby punched Jack in the stomach.

- You sick son of a bitch.

Ivy was so angry, walking up the stairs hard. She felt abused.

But worse than that, someone was trying to kill her, and when they realized they missed the target...

- Ivy. - she heard Bigby call, and stopped walking.

He stared at her. Bigby was relieved, but happier than anything else. He wanted to give her a hug.

- Bigby... - she whispered. - Who would want to kill me?

He then realized she was alive, but in danger.

- I don't know. But soon they will know that they killed the wrong person. - he went up one more step, the same as she was.

- What are we going to do? - the brunette asked.

- I'll take care of it. You need to stay here and...

- No fucking way, Bigby. - she interrupted him, gathering her eyebrows in anger. - I go with you.

- I just want to protect you. - he said, and her heart warmed up a little. - I almost lost you once...

Bigby stopped talking, rubbing his temples and thinking about the anguish that was felt in the last hours. Ivy tilted her head. Honestly, she had no idea she was so important to him...

She put her hand on his arm, and he look down at her.

- You won't lose me. - she replied, and could swear that she saw a remnant of smile on his lips. - But I will not stand here waiting for you to solve my problems. I'm not helpless.

Bigby knew this very well. He took a defeated sigh and returned to the stairs, being followed by Ivy.

No time for discussions. They had a killer to catch.

****

At the business office, Bluebeard was arguing with Snow, which was nothing new.