Spirit Tree

The next day after Lo'ak's disappearance, the kids sat in a circle on a rock talking about how he survived. Neylayā was carving some wood to turn into arrows while listening.

"Wish I had been there. The sea gave you a gift, brother." Kiri said amazed by the story of the tulkun.

"The tulkuns have not come yet, and besides, no tulkun swims alone." Ao'nung replied confused.

"It did here. He was missing his one fin, the left one was only a stump." Lo'ak said pointing to his arm.

"Payakan. It's Payakan." Tsireya says worried to Roxto and Ao'nung.

"Who is Payakan?"

"He is outcast and is missing a fin." Roxto replied to the group.

"He was supposed to be a killer. He has killed Na'vi and Tulkuns... Far down south." Ao'nung says  in a joking tone.

"He's not a killer."  Lo'ak says knowing the truth. Neylayā had tuned out of the conversation focusing on her sharpening, until she felt Neteyam move towards Lo'ak.

"My baby bro...The mighty warrior who fought the killer tulkun and survived to tell the tale." Neteyam said grabbing Lo'ak's shoulders.

"You guys aren't listening" Lo'ak says standing up and starts walling away.

"Lo'ak..." Neylayā said trying to comfort her little brother.

"Lo'ak I'm listening!" Tuk yells

"Lo'ak, come back." Tsireya says, but it doesn't matter Lo'ak had walked further out on the sand. Neylayā turns her head quickly to face her other brother, "Good job" she says while rolling her eyes. She then stands up to chase after Lo'ak.

------------------

"Lo'ak!" Neylayā yells running behind him on the shore. "I'm sorry about what Neteyam said, but where are you going?" she asks with a lifted "eyebrow" (she doesn't have any). Lo'ak stops walking and turns to face her.

"To find Payakan. I want to know the truth." he replies in a serious tone. However Neylayā can tell her brother is still upset.

" I know you feel like we do not hear you... but we do. I do." She says smiling towards Lo'ak with her hand over her chest, and he returns the smile. "Be safe, I will keep mother and father distracted." Neylayā says slightly chuckling, walking away.

------------------

Later near eclipse, Tsireya and Roxto take Neylayā, Neteyam, Kiri and Tuk to the spirit tree while riding on ilu's.

"Here we are, The Cove of the Ancestors is our most sacred place." Tsireya says as the clan slowly rides towards this beautiful place surrounded by little mountains.

"Eclipse is the best time to be here. There it is, the Spirit Tree." Tsireya says as they all dismount their ilu's. The group takes a deep breath and go underwater, Kiri and Neylayā look at the giant glowing leaves of the tree in awe. Roxto grabs his braid and connects to the tree, causing the others to follow. 

------

IN SPIRIT TREE (Ranteng Utralti)

Neylayā opens her eyes to be places in the forest, she finally feels free again. She runs around laughing and giggling at the grass beneath her feet. Then she remembers where she is, what memory she is in,  it was the day Lo'ak was born. Why this memory? she did not know, but was happy as she ran closer to the tree of souls right under the Hallelujah Mountains.

"Neylayā come!" Neytiri yelled, "Hurry Layā!!" Neteyam babbled repeating their mother (I believe him and Kiri are 1yr old at this time). Neyleyā ran and hugged her mother joining the circle of the people. Then she watched as her dad held up a newborn baby, "Lo'ak!" he yelled to the clan which they all yelped and cheered. Her family was coming into a hug when all of the sudden everything started flashing and Neylayā got sucked out of her memory.

----------

Neylayā opened her eyes to see Kiri flashing and shaking under the water. While swimming over, Neteyam pulled Kiri's queue off the tree and pulls her body to the surface. Everyone swims to the surface, "What is wrong? What is it?" Tuk yells as her voice quivers.

"She had a seizure." Neylayā replies while Neteyam starts to do CPR.

"Is she breathing?" Roxto ask genuinely concerned.

"Take her to the village." Tsireya says loudly.

"Lets go! Come on Tuk." Neylayā yells grabbing Tuk's arm and mounting her ilu.

~~~~~~~~~~

author's note

sorry I didn't publish last week. I'm glad so many people are enjoying the story, Thanks to everyone reading it!

ALSO AVATAR IS OUT NOW!! I'm so excited. I can edit probably after I finish the story.