The War

Neylayā ran away from her parents as fast as she could searching for Neteyam and Lo'ak. Until she found them near the water arguing.

"He's your brother? No, I'm your brother." Neteyam says pulling Lo'ak closer. However Lo'ak pushes away and jumps into the water calling his ilu.

"Lo'ak!" Neylayā yells while Tsireya and Ao'nung walk up towards them.

"Lo'ak!" Tsireya calls out.
"He's going to warn Payakan." Neteyam yells and starts clapping for his ilu to come over. The kids all jump in the water on their ilus' chasing Lo'ak.

"Lo'ak!" Kiri and Tuk yell watching Lo'ak swim away from the group.

"He's going to Payakan." Neylayā informs them while they all ride towards Payakan.

  "Bro, help me! The ship is approaching!" Lo'ak tells Neteyam. shit, Neylayā thinks
"Summon father! Just do it!" she yells to Lo'ak. The kids are all pulling but the tracker won't move. The ship is coming in faster and they are running out of time.

"Layā tie this around." Neteyam throws a rope at her.

"Ready... Pull!" Tsireya says and everyone starts pulling and pushing the tracker until it pops out.

"It's out!" Tuk yells.

"Hurry everyone go!" Neylayā shouts at the group and they all climb the backs of their ilus' attempting to escape. Neteyam takes the tracker and starts swimming the other way while Neylaya follows their siblings. However the sky people started attacking underwater causing the group to separate.

------

Neylayā saw Tuk, Tsireya, and Lo'ak get caught in a net and flown into the sky by an ikran. fuck. She had to figure out a way to save them, until Neteyam swam up behind her and scared her.

swim with me. he signed the little bit of finger talk the Sully's understood, telling Neylayā to follow him. Under the water they could see the tails of skimwings meaning the war party had arrived, but it wasn't until Neylayā heard her mothers voice in her ear when she knew something was wrong.

"MaJake, what is happening? MaJake?" Neytiri was repeating on the comms. Neylaya was waiting for her dad to respond but there was nothing but silence. Neteyam and Neylayā started swimming towards the demonship on the backs of their ilus', until Payakan swam under the boat and jumped up into the air.  Then it was nothing but noise, The war party started doing war cries and the sound of gunshots were echoing across the ocean.

Neylayā and Neteyam finally reached the ship and jumped off their ilus' to save their siblings and Tsireya.

"NETAYAM! NEYLAYĀ!" Tuk calls out with joy when she sees her older siblings come to the rescue.

"Do you need help, little brother?" Neteyam says jokingly to Lo'ak while Neylayā cut Tsireya and Tuk free. 

"Get Tuk out of here." Neylayā tells Tsireya.

"Who is the mighty warrior? Say it." Neteyam says mockingly and cuts Lo'ak free.

"Lo'ak! Neteyam! Come on!" Neylayā yells jumping into the water.

"They have Spider. We have to save him. Come on, we can't let him bro" Lo'ak says causing Neteyam to slightly growl and follow him.  Neylayā had met up with Tuk, Tsireya, and Kiri but did not see her brothers, once again shit.

"You guys should swim back towards the village, I need to call my ikran" Neylayā informs the group to which they nod in response and start swimming away. Although Neylayā usually listens to her parents this seemed like and emergency, so calling her ikran and ignoring the fact that she is grounded makes sense. right? she thought to herself.

--------

It was becoming eclipse and the sky was getting darker. Neylayā saw Lo'ak, Spider, and Tsireya waving for her dad's attention while holding what looked like Neteyam. Jake spotted them as well and started helping them pull Neteyam on to a rock while Neylayā landed and hopped off her ikran.

"What did you do?!" Neylayā shouted questioning Lo'ak.  Neteyam grabs onto Lo'aks arm while laying on his back. Jake slightly turns him to his side inspecting the wound while Spider held a light up to it. Neylayā and Jake both see blood gushing out of the hole in Neteyam's back.

"Oh no. Press down on it. Keep pressure." Jake instructs Lo'ak to stop the bleeding by holding down on Neteyam's chest. Neytiri swoops down and jumps off her ikran, "No.no.no.no" she says kneeling close to Neteyam's legs. 

"Dad..." Neteyam says with his eyes wide open searching around looking at everyone and wincing in pain.

"I'm here" Jake says trying to comfort his son.

"I want to go home." Neteyam says slightly. 

"I know. I know. We're going home." Jake replies with his hand on Neteyam's face.

"Dad I..." Neteyam's body goes numb, and Jake slowly takes away his hand. Tsireya is slightly crying along with Spider while Lo'ak gently shakes his head no.

"Neteyam..." Neytiri says softly.

"Teyam...." Neylayā says right after touching his hair, her ears fall flat. Jake closes his eyes and his ears fall down along with his head.

"No...no..no, NETEYAM!" Neytiri yells and cries out loud, Jake tries to hug her and comfort her but she quickly pulls away to touch Neteyam's face.

"Oh. Great Mother. No Great Mother.. Please not my son." She says hugging Neteyam's head close to her. Everyone is crying except for Jake and Neylayā, they look dissociated with the situation and Neytiri's yells.

"Can you hear me, Corporal? I think you can." Jake is thrown out of his trance listening to the voice on the comm. 

"I have your daughters. Same offer as before, you for them." Quaritch says into the mic. 

"Where are your sisters? Where are they?!" Jake yells at Lo'ak trying to make sure he isn't being tricked, this gets Neylayā's attention. 

"I don't know-
"They are tied up on the ship." Tsireya says cutting off Lo'ak answering Jake's question with tears in her eyes. 

"They are at the moonpool, on the well deck. Come, I'll show you." Spider says grabbing Jake's hand leading him towards the water. 

"Answer me, Corporal." Quaritch says waiting for a response. 

"I hear you." Jake says finally responding. He walks towards Neytiri who is still crying and hugging Neteyam.

"Listen to me. Listen to me. They have our daughters." Jake says with Neytiri sitting infront of him.  
"I need you to be with me and I need you to be strong, Right now. Strong heart." He says placing his hand over her heart. "Strong heart." Neytiri stops crying and something switches, Jake sees it in her eyes.

"Now let's go save our daughters." He says while Neytiri grabs her bow and walks over to her ikran, connecting her queue. Lo'ak stands up and starts to follow Jake and Spider.

"Stay with your brother." Jake states firmly.

"I want to go with you-" Lo'ak says softly under his breath.

"You have done enough." Jake says harshly causing Lo'ak to turn around and sit with Tsireya. Then Jake looks up at Neylayā, her eyes are full of rage yet her face seems blank. She looks at him and he gives her a slight nod of approval, with that she grabs her braid and quickly connects with her ikran and snatches her bow off the side of the saddle. Her ikran lets out the loudest screech and starts to fly towards the ship.

~~~~~~~
well well.
I'm back again. Honestly I wasn't expecting so many of you to care about this book, and now coming down to the end. IM GLAD! You all have been amazing and very kind.

Anyways these last few like (2) chapters might take me some time as I will try to make them kinda detailed.

Thanks for the support!!
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎falalaladays0