The First day (and week)

I was the first one in the morning so I quickly got dressed into my horrid Gryffindor robes did my hair up into a classic bun. Slipping Randal into my pocket. I walked down to the Great hall for breakfast, glad to see Marcal was already there.

I sat down at the Slytherin table, ignoring the glares from other houses and loaded my plate. After plain porridge day after day at the Lind st Orphanage the hash browns and sausages brought back memories of the elf made dinners at Malfoy Mansion.

“Oy! Get off our table Gryffindor vermin” called a Slytherin third year.

“The only vermin I see around here is you so back off” I warned. I did not need a detention for kicking this loser’s ass on my first day.

“How dare you insult me bitch” the girl yelled. I looked round the hall. There were only a few Hufflepuff up and they weren’t paying attention to us. Good. Randal I hissed and he came out of my pocket and slithered over to where she was sitting. He rose up poised to attack. She gasped.

“Don’t mess with me. ‘Because I could knock you down before you could touch your wand so shut up and leave me alone’’ I said menacingly.

The bitch shut up at that but puggy said, “Just because you’re the heir of Slytherins sister doesn’t make you better than us. You’re still Gryffindor scum.”

“I’m what?!” I almost shrieked, swinging round towards Marcal. He saw my face and his paled from pink to white to green. He knew that look. It meant serious trouble later, but no, trouble was coming right now.

How dare you!!! My voice screamed inside his head and he flinched. I had only had one serious argument with him before now and I suspected he still had mental scars along with the massive one across his chest. Randal hissed and slithered back into my pocket so as not to be seen by the other houses. And if I didn’t calm down I’d be lucky not to blow up half the stupid hall. I took a deep breath settled myself and sat down next Marcal who was surrounded by a group.

“Well what makes you the heir?” I ask all my fury and anger channeling into my voice. “I’m the oldest, I am the parselmouth were as you can’t tell a snake to attack without saying that 'butterflies can jump’ and I can and could do things without a wand such as kicking your butt from birth.”

know my brother better than anyone and he likes to boast. He loves being the center of attention and will do anything to get it so the best way to punish him is to take that away. That’s probably the only reason he lied about him being heir.

“Why does that matter. The fact is you’re just a girl and a Gryffindor one at that,” said a burly sour faced boy sitting across from me.

If there is one thing I hate it is the stupid, bloody prejudice of me being “Just a girl” because I am so far away from that. I stood up, my glass of pumpkin juice exploding and then bang the kid was hanging by his ankles upside down his head just bobbing above the bench.” Never call me that again if you value your life” I hissed so angry it was almost parseltongue.

Harry’s POV

He had just taken a seat at the Gryffindor table that morning and was looking around for Rhya when Ron spotted her and pointed to the Slytherin table. There she sat looking like she was having an argument. One look at her face and terror flooded through him. It was even more of a deadly look than professor Snape’s last night. Rhya stood up suddenly, her glass exploding. The boy she had just been giving the death glares to hanging hoisted up In front of her. Then Professor Mc Gonnigal was there and yelling at Rhya. Rhya turned her head from Marcus Flint and he fell heavily to the floor. Rhya’s face turned from evil to ashamed in an instant. Some other fifth year was watching and mumbling something about faking it and dark magic. No way was Rhya using dark magic. Her face is so innocent it’s obvious she’s sorry, Harry thought.