The Quidditch Match

Quidditch

Okay I’m really sorry for not uploading. It is really weird for me to describe winter when it’s meant to be in November because right now I’m freezing my butt off watching the frost melt out of my window.

“Don’t go!”

“I have to!”

“No you don’t!” Marcal and I were having the same argument for the fiftieth time.

“If you go to that detention I will burn your Nimbus to ashes!”

Marcal rose his eyebrows at me. “Is the ickle Griffindor feeling scared? Come on it’s not like Quirrel’s gonna kill me.”

“He knows our secret!” I roared at him, “You might want to live the rest of your life in Azkaban BUT I DON’T!”

“Rhya I’m going and you’re not gonna stop me. Now move, Mum!

I stood there gaping at him as he pushed past me in the direction of Quirrel’s office. For the next few days Marcal strutted round the castle acting like he knew something that I didn’t. And it was pissing me off

*Time Passes*

As November began the training for the upcoming Quidditch match became so frequent Marcal hardly had any time to boast. I was being dragged daily down to the pitch to be chaser against Marcal for practice.

“Jeesh!” I let out after being told to try and score again.

“You’re going easy on me because I’m your brother!” complained Marcal.

Giving up I sped towards the ground at breakneck speed and almost face planted when I landed on the frosty ground. My brother landed next to me his usually pale face red with cold.

“The game is tomorrow! What if I’m no good?” he asked sulkily, shouldering his Nimbus 2000

“You’ll be fine!” I reassured him. Then as usual I pelted the question that was in my mind for ages at him. “What happened between you and Quirell?”

“Nothing,” said Marcal in a voice that was far from trust worthy.

The strange thing was I had tried breaking into my brothers head for days yet it was as though there was some kind of block in it. Legimency felt quite weird with the block in it. It was as though there was a solid lass sphere inside my brother’s head, round and impenetrable.

I cheered along with the Slytherins when the team in green and silver Quidditch robes strode onto the pitch. I had managed to get past the Gryffindors by covering my green scarf with a red and gold one. I was presently using the latter to warm my hands as the black flames licked up the sides of it. There was a tremendous cheer as the players took off rising on their brooms. Marcal and Harry were the only students with Nimbus 2000s.

And then it hit me.

If marcal was concentrating on catching the Quaffle then he would concentrate his entire mind on it, meaning that he wouldn’t be concentrating on closing his mind. That was the theory.

The crowd let out a gasp. Instinctively I pulled out my wand only to realize it was just Potter hanging by one hand off his Nimbus which was bucking. Oh dear, what a show off. I spared a glance at Quirrel who was gazing at Potter muttering constantly under his breath. Suddenly I saw Angelina Johnson fly towards the goal hoops, Quaffle in hand.

Closing my eyes I even pulled out my wand and muttered “Legilimens!” and then I slipped inside my twins mind.

The Quaffle, I needed to catch the Quaffle. Angelina flew in closer and once she was with in meters of me she threw it. The Quaffle flew to the left of me and I stretched out I had to reach it.

Bam! It was silent yet earsplitting. I was in my brothers head. I was sitting on a desk in Quirrel’s office and he was standing out the front. The room was empty except for us yet Quirrel had told me that my father was here too. I looked around frantically trying to see him then quirrel slowly began to unwind his turban- “AAAAAHHH!” I screamed as I felt my brother plummeting towards the ground from over fifty feet up.

Everyone was too busy looking at Potter to notice my brother’s body falling. I didn’t think about using my magic, I just panicked and somehow I ended up screaming, “Professor!”

Quirell who jerked his gaze from potter to notice Marcals body getting closer from the ground. Five meters. Four meters. Three meters.

Quirrel suddenly pointed his wand at Marcal and one meter from the ground marcal stopped then fell again but it was only a short fall. And with a thump he landed and regained consciousness.

There was a sudden cheer. One from the Gryffindors as Harry caught the snitch and one from the Slytherins to see their keeper alive.

 I panted, the scream still stuck in my throat. Because I nearly lost my brother and it was my entire fault.

The trains going home for the Christmas holidays were packed with students as we hustled to get a compartment. I barged my way through to the compartment where Draco and marcal were sitting. Randal wrapped around my neck. I had given up trying to keep having a snake a secret so he was happily whispering about the ranges of mice that could be found at Hogwarts. For most of the train ride we played exploding snap and stuffed chocolate frogs into or mouths. I had restarted my collection.

It wasn’t hard to spot Lucius and Narcissa at the station as we emerged from the barrier. Lucius opened his mouth as Narcissa Hugged Marcal and Draco but I cut across him with, “Carry my trunk, Lucy!”

I walked over to the nearest wizarding fire place and waiting for my family to hurry up.

“OHMYBLEEPINGGOD!!!  IT”S CRÈME BRULEE!!” I screamed, looking at the feast in front of us at the table. If I stretched my arms out into a circle it wouldn’t even be the size of the bowl holding my most favorite dessert. I immediately dug in before an eye rolling Marcal had even sat down.

“Proper food first Rhyazine,” Lucius told me sternly. I gave him a look then continued only to realize that there was a bowl of plain rice steaming inches from my face. I had forgotten that nothing compared to the elf made dinners at the mansion.

“So,” said Narcissa obviously trying to make conversation. “What do you want for Christmas?”

Marcal opened his mouth, probably to recite a rehearsed list including a solid gold chess set, a lifetime supply of chocolate frogs and his very own house elf but I cut across. 

My answer made Lucius’s jaw drop, Narcissa smash her glass and Marcal gasp. “We want to visit our mother in Azkaban."