Chapter 4 - Disappointment

It was finally Friday and after practice, at the Chiba ice rink, I completed my homework. My days are usually very busy, so I feel a bit uneasy, or like I forgot something anytime I have some free time. To pass the time, I decided to go downstairs to the living room to watch tv.

I took the remote and went through youtube, trying to cure my boredom when I saw a video titled, Spectacular Figure Skating World & Olympic Record - Yuna Kim | Olympic Records. Even though I've probably watched hundreds of her videos, It never gets old. Maybe it's because she's my idol, or her the way she practically glides on the ice, or the way that whenever I watch her skating, it takes me back to when I was 10 watching the winter Olympics for the first time.

My parents went out for dinner, so I was stuck watching my siblings as we all sat at the dining room table eating leftovers from the day before. While eating I could the pitter-patter of rain falling outside. Tsuki and Tsukito were arguing about who knows what, but after a long day, I couldn't be bothered to deal with them. Despite that, I firmly told the two of them to stop fighting, and they did, for now.

It was 8:00 and my parents still weren't back from their dinner. Even though I was a little worried, I still made sure my siblings went to bed. This left me with some free time since I go to sleep at around 9:00. When checked my phone I was bombarded with notifications from the group chat that Nanako created with Bachira and me.

     _____________________________________________

Bachira 🐝

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

Nanako 🍎

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

@Yukiharu

GIRL ANSWERRRRRR 😭

Yukiharu

Omg, what do you guys want?

You know you don't need to spam me right?

Nanako 🍎

Tsubaki try not to ghost us challenge impossible 🙏:

Bachira 🐝

Now me personally-

Yukiharu

???
You guys need to calm down, I was watching my siblings.

Nanako 🍎

Ok wellllll

I have separation anxiety so

Suck it 😤

Yukiharu

Disrespectfully, I'm going to ignore what you said.

Also, why were you guys spamming me again?

Bachira 🐝

So glad the Ice Queen finally asked 🤩

Anyways

Sasaki (Nanako's last name) said that she could help us with the project on the weekend

Since she's done with hers

Yukiharu

Seriously?

Thats amazing!

Also, I'm super jealous that you finished early.

Nanako 🍎

Yup

Perks of having the smartest person in history as your partner 😋

Also, how do you want me to help?

I'm a really good cameraman if I do say so myself 🤭

Bachira 🐝

THE VIDEO BETTER COME OUT SPECTICIULAR

Nanako 🍎

*Spectacular

Bachira 🐝

WHATERVER

Yukiharu

Anyways.

We'll meet up at the school soccer field at around noon to film Bachira's half.

Then, when we're done, we'll take a bus to Chiba Ice Rink to film my half.

Got it?

Bachira 🐝

Yes ma'am 🫡

Nanako 🍎

Yes ma'am 🫡

_____________________________________________

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle as I saw Bachira and Nanako send the same text at the exact same time. I was lounging on the couch when I heard keys rattle from the outside. I lept from the couch and quickly ran to open the door. Relieved that my parents were here, I greeted them, then sat back on the couch comfortably scrolling on my phone. From the corner of my eye, I could see my parents standing in front of me. I assumed that they wanted to tell me something, so I sat up.

"Tsuba-chan, your father and I have something to tell you," my mom said, I could tell that she seemed excited by the way she held onto my dad's hands.

"This is a bit last minute, but we're going on a weekend trip for our anniversary, and that means you'll have to take care of your siblings," my dad said.

I don't know what emotions I felt just then, anger, sadness, disappointment? This wasn't even the first time that my parents dumped their responsibility on me without thinking about how it would affect me. I clenched my fists so hard that I thought my bones would shatter. I had a school project on the weekend.

Couldn't they have hired a babysitter or something? I thought.

When I looked up from my lap I could see the happy faces of my parents, and I knew that I couldn't ruin their anniversary for them. I mean, why am I feeling this way? How could I be so selfish?

I tried to not let my emotions slip as I said, "Hope you have fun."

I stood up and left the room, quickly running and jumping onto my bed. I gripped my pillow and cried silently, hoping no one would hear.

________________________________________________

Hello readers!

This chapter is a little short, but that was only because I was really busy this week. I promise the next chapter will be longer, with Nanako, Tsubaki, and Bachira filming their history project.