Chapter 2 - On the Ice Rink

Seriously? I thought.

I mean nothing against Bachira, but I absolutely hate doing group projects unless it's with Nanako. I feel like it stresses me out unnecessarily and in the past, I was left to do most of the group work.

While everyone in the class moved to where their partner was sitting, Bachira left his seat near the window and sat next to me.

"Why are you in this history class?" I asked bluntly

"I had to switch some of my classes because my tutor wasn't available during my free block."

"Oh," I said awkwardly.

Ugh, of course, his schedule changed! Why do you have to ask such obvious questions Tsubaki? I mentally facepalmed myself.

"What do you think we should do for this project?" Bachira asked.

"Maybe we could do something about the evolution of sports since you play football."

"Great Idea! Do you play a sport too?"

"I do figure skating"

"Wow! Figure skating, ironic for someone called the Ice Queen~" Bachira said in a teasing voice.

I blushed a little thinking of the nickname that my classmates called me. I mean, they weren't totally wrong. When I'm not around people that I know I tend to be really quiet and closed off, and sometimes I say things bluntly without really thinking about it.

"I'm going to ask Mrs. Nakamura if our topic is ok."

"Ok~," Bachira said while rocking back and forth in his seat.

Huh, he really is weird.

When we told Mrs. Nakamura about our idea she said, "Wow! What a great Idea, I don't think anyone has done that yet. Maybe you guys could make a video showcasing your football and ice skating skills!"

Once Mrs. Nakamura left to talk with the other students I said,"The idea isn't half bad, what do you think?"

"Mmmm, I think it's awesome!" Bachira said as he smiled cheerfully at me.

"Okay then, I'll share a document with you and we can start doing some research."

We both asked our teacher if we could work in the hallways and she said yes, so we grabbed our computers and made out way out of the classroom. We did a lot of work in a short amount of time, and surprisingly Bachira wasn't that bad of a partner. We easily communicated to check if our sources were reliable or not, which is a step up from my previous partners.

"When are you free after school?" Bachira asked me, his golden eyes meeting my icy blue ones.

"Oh uh, every day I go home at around 6 pm and on Wednesdays, I go home earlier at around 4. So maybe on Wednesday, I can go to your house, or somewhere else and we can work on the project."

"Sound good to me! I have practice only an hour after school, so on Wednesday you can come over to my house to work on the project." Bachira said cheerfully.

"Great idea, and on the weekend we can do most of the filming."

Bachira pulled out his phone from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Add your number so we can text or call about the project later."

"Sure," I said, quickly typing in my number and handing Bachira's phone back to him.

Not a moment later we heard the bell ring signaling us to pack up and head to our next class.

I walked with Nanako to our next class when we were stopped by a familiar voice.