"In My Mind" | A:AOU

"I had strings, but now I'm free~"

~¥~

2014
???
A Forest

It was dark. If it wasn't for the hard wall on the back of her head she could have thought she was in space. Her void was broken into by light hitting the surface that blinded her.

And soon that void became an environment. A cold, snowy environment, with trees that were imposed over her and acted as wooden bars in this new prison she found herself in.

They were in a forest, somewhere upstate by her estimation, there were vehicles and armed men around them as well.

She heard sound once more, there was the resemblance of birds chirping, and boots hitting the snow.

She turned to face who she thought was her captor, but this man was different. He had short hair and a monocle, he wore a black trench coat and a toothy grin that reeked of alcohol.

She was still handcuffed so running wasn't an option, she didn't even know where she was, so the best course of action would be to try not to get herself killed.

He began speaking but she couldn't hear him, she brought herself to say it but her fear stopped her. She instead motioned to her ears before he got too deep into what he was saying.

He ushered her into a jeep and had a guard begin driving. They passedby multiple checkpoints with soldiers being stationed at each one, very hogh security.

After some time they arrived at a castle-like building. It had a completely concrete exterior with many windows that were dim from where she was. She couldn't make out what the roof was from her angle, but the rest of the building was unrecognizable to her.

She was led into the building and some room. There was a bed and barren plain gray walls, the same stone that made up the exterior was used here. There was a table on the opposite side of the room.

The man with the monocle went off into some other area and didn't come back, leaving Destiny alone with her thoughts.

Where was she?

Why was she here?

She asked herself these questions but did not get answers.

Someone eventually came and undid her restraints, but that was only because she was being put to work.

She wondered how long she had been gone. Her dad and friends were probably horrified that she had just disappeared and hadn't been seen since, and she had no way to contact them either.

~*~

It had been over a year since she was stuck in the base. They never bothered to give Destiny any more hearing aids, subjecting her to a life without being able to understand what anyone around her was saying.

Her life became simple really. She woke up, she built, she ate, and she slept. Sometimes they gave her extra time in her room, but on other days she was taken in for experiments and tests. They all were the same, she would be taken in, strapped down, and then all she remembers is pain.