"Off Day" | A:AOU

"I'm always cleaning up after you boys"

~¥~

Destiny got changed back into her gear. She met up with Steve and Tony by the door.

"Who you with kid?" Tony asked her. She considered going to Oslo with Stark, she didn't want to be heading back into conflict.

But her mind went back to what happened hours prior, and her mind was changed.

"I'm with the Captain, I have a score to settle with that scarlet witch," Destiny answered.

~#~
South Korea
Seoul

The team split up. Tony and Bruce went to the Nexus to find out who was blocking Ultron at every turn. While Destiny, Steve, Natasha, and Clint went to Seoul after realizing they'd lost contact with Helen. It was a long, silent, stressful flight in the quinjet, but as they approached, Steve ordered Natasha and Clint to slow the quinjet.

"Over the city?" Natasha asked as she obliged.

"Ultron will likely be expecting us." Steve reasoned, "Destiny and I will come in at a distance, you and Barton stay behind as backup."

"Copy that, Cap." Clint nodded once.

Steve and Destiny made it into the lab. "Oh my god." Destiny looked around in horror. The lab looked like a wild animal had been through it.

"We gotta find Helen." Steve said, taking off deeper into the lab. Lights flickered and live wires sent off sparks that the two had to duck around.

Destiny looked over the face of every collapsed body with horror, but none of them were Helen.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve called.

Destiny perked up and ran to his voice. In one of the chamber rooms, Dr. Cho was half collapsed on an overturned cart. She was breathing heavily as Steve helped her sit up.

"He's uploading himself into the body," Helen panted, looking wildly between Steve and Destiny.

"Where?" Steve asked. "The real power," Helen began, but gasped for air; she was hurt severely.

"is inside the Cradle." She explained. "The gem...its power is uncontainable."

"Gem?" Destiny repeated, confused.
Helen grabbed her hand, "You can't just blow it up." She hyperventilated. "You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it." Steve replied.

"Go." Helen insisted. "Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked as he ran away.

"I gotta help you, where do you keep your first aid?" Destiny asked desperately. "I'll be fine it's a moderate wound now go!" Destiny forced herself to leave.

"We did." Clint responded over their line of communication.

"I got a private jet taking off across town." Natasha called. "No manifest. That could be him."

"There. It's a truck from the lab." Clint said, the line still open. Destiny and Steve were on a highway, she was awaiting the Captain's signal to jump onto a truck.