CH2. The Games Begin.

The plan was to leave an impression and catch the target's attention.
Simply causing a moment to ensure I would remain in his memory the next time we meet, yet here I am, sitting next to him—our legs grazing each others like lovers—with the subtle cologne he wears tickling my nose.

Declining the target would leave a bitter after taste. Not many women decline this man—based from his status and looks, nobody would dare decline him—and declining now could burn possible bridges to reach him. Yet if I say the wrong words, he'll purge me from his memories, instantly becoming a woman worth nothing.
The game begins as I set my sight on leaving soon, yet keeping multiple bridges of opportunity open to meet him again. Becoming a forgotten woman is not an option.

"Elise Barrington."
I introduce myself, my expression remaining dignified yet meek.
"And who's the member who invited you? Would they think it's an eyesore to see you as my guest now?" His eyes are sharp and sultry-like as he analyzes my expression.
"I'm sure they might think so. They're rather worried about others motives towards me."
"Oh? Shall I help you escape their chastising?"
"Dear me, they would never do such a thing. They merely wish to protect me."
"Is it from how cherished you are to them?"
"I'm sure it's related. I've known them for years."
"Then why did he stand up such a lady?" His arm rests on the lounge seat.

His body moves in closer as he faces me. His cologne is unbelievably subtle, but the type of intoxicating scent you uncontrollably want to indulge in.

"I believe I made it clear, but I was the one who confused the date." My tone is amused and kind as I place a hand on my chest.
"Or did he change the date without word to leave you hung, high and dry?"
A light giggle escapes my lips as I continue to meet his gaze.
"I doubt that. She isn't a friend that cruel."

His brow raises slightly giving an amused look.
"Is that so?" Cautiously taking the hand I placed over my chest, his feather light touch dances to interlock our fingers, "You seem lucky to have a friend like her."

Closing the distance between us, his fingers delicately slide down my fingers, grazing my palm in a ticklish manner, until my palm is on top of his. His fingers rest in the crevice of my palm, his thumb lightly caressing my knuckles and the back of my hand. Leading my hand towards his chest, he slyly pulls me close in a gentle manner.

"This is the first time I've met you, Mr. Lennox. Isn't this too comfortable for strangers?" I give him a look of Elise, one that exudes curiosity and the harshness of those who question her worth.
"Carlisle. And we know each others names, Elise." His head tilted slightly, his face inches away from mine as he lowers his voice.
"Knowing a name doesn't change the relationship of strangers." I challenge him, keeping my eyes with his, and closing the distance between us slowly.
"Then shall we begin a different relationship?"
A scoff escapes my lips as I meet his eyes that hide any thought he may have.
"And what could that be?"
"One where this space, this air belongs to me."

His hand drops from the sofa as he wraps his arm around my waist. His solid body pressed to me, my thigh risen to rest on top of his thigh—our legs practically entangled with each others—and his nose only millimeters from mine.

"And why would you want that?" I whisper, my eyes softening as a toying look appears.
Giving an amused look, he raises a brow.
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Because you could claim this space."
I move closer, his lips close to touching mine, the scent of his soft cologne more potent than before, and his warm breath on my cheek.

Neither of us backing down, our faces close enough to look as if we were kissing from a bystanders view. He wears the same confident expression, yet his eyes glisten with a look of surprise and amusement.
Before he can speak, I interrupt.