4: The River

"Cartman do you even know where this place is?" Kyle said. We were walking on this trail with tons of rocks and sticks in the way. One wrong move and you can slip and fall.

We also got a new member of the group. Butters, he was shorter than me and had short blonde hair. He wore blue swim trunks with clouds on them, it was kinda cute.

The path we were walking on was small, so we had to walk in single file line. Cartman was in front, then Butters, Kyle, Stan, Me and then Kenny. Well originally I was last but somehow Kenny got behind of me.

All of us was wearing bathing suits. Mine was underneath the long sleeve shirt and no shorts since the shirt was big. For some reason they all was still wearing their hats. Including Kenny, he was wearing his orange hood with the brown fur, still covering up his mouth. I guess the hood is detachable from his coat that he usually wears.

"We're here! Guys look!" Cartman yelled and pointed to the river, it was a beautiful sea green color, and steady, hardly any harsh currents.

We all made our way down and "set" up camp, which consisted of chairs that Stan brought and some towels that Kyle had.

"Well let's go swimming and get powers!" Cartman yelled out and ran towards the river and  jumped in. "I can feel the power!"

We all exchanged glances. "Does Cartman know that there's no secret power you can get from the river?" I asked.

"You can't get super powers?" Butters frowned and looked down at his feet, rubbing his knuckles together.

"It's just something that Cartman said so he can go swimming." Kyle said.

"Well let's go swimming." Stan kicked off his shoes and hopped in. Butters and Kyle followed suit.

"How come you're not going in?" I asked Kenny. He was pretty skinny but had some toned muscles. I looked closer on his right arm and I saw some bruises.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied, again moving the hood so I could hear him.

I ignored his question and asked another, "How come you always cover your face and hair?"

"My body is better."

"How am I supposed to know if you don't ever show your face and hair." I smirked.

" touché"

Soon enough he got in the water while I found a nice boulder/rock to sit on. They were all throwing around a football that Butters had, laughing and enjoying their presence. Back in Alabama I had some friends but I don't think I was ever close to them like how these guys are close to each other. Stan told me that they sorta like Butters but still lets him hang out with the group because he can be pretty entertaining. I can't tell if they're using him or actually likes his presence somewhat. Butters is actually a pretty nice guy. Whenever I first met him he was in my pottery class and we had to do some icebreakers with each other. And that was whenever he told me he was also going to the river with the group.

Stan got out of the water and walked to where I was at.

"How come you're not swimming?"

"Don't feel like it."

"Look I'm going to be honest with you, you need to stop being so distant, it might make the guys uncomfortable."

"How?"

"I don't know, just come swim with us, throw a football or something."

I sighed and got up. My thoughts are constantly asking myself, should I take it off? I shook my head and put my feet in the water, still keeping the shirt on.