Chapter Two: Mary, Mary...

The place we would arrive to is a large town called Rosamond that was filled with farmyards, vineyards, farmsteads, inns, and drinkers in all corners and alleyways. The wealthier of the people dressed in fine suits with top hats and fancy canes while the lowborn in simple peasant clothing that would be looked down by others. The farmers appeared to be quite laid back and there were bars where they drank with one another while the wealthy kept themselves secluded to their town halls. The town streets are filled with artists of all kind that drew various sorts of arts with poets and thinkers often socializing in small secluded establishments. There is a large oak tree in the center of the town and underneath it laid a large pool of water from where the locals seemed to get most of their water from. There were many banners throughout the town with the symbol of a golden eagle over a black background covered by roses. There are many hounds running throughout the city that greatly resemble German Shepherds.

"Over here...", Paleskin remained silent for most of our journey and when she finally spoke is when we were in front of a large estate filled with many animals and vineyards filled with grand gardens for all that the eyes could see.

There were chunks of earth afloat in the skies above the estate from which poured water into her many lakes that moved throughout the property with many workers manning the fields. It was then that, suddenly and out of the blue, an old man fell down the stairs and several gooses chased after him that seemed to peck at him as Paleskin completely ignored him.

"Mistress Pharon.", one of the farmers said and Paleskin turned towards him, staring at him without emotion like she always did. "Do you have any wool?", she asked and the farmer replied. "Yes, ma'am, three bags full. One for my mistress, one for my dame, and one for the little boy who lives down the lane.", he replied.

"Then make sure he gets his wool first before you get to mine and the dames.", she ordered and he bowed his head. "Yes, ma'am, at once!", he then rushed away immediately, running past me, without even giving me a look while the gooses kept pecking at the old man.

"That will teach you to never forget your prayer again, old man.", said another farmer that kicked the old man on the ground and I approached about to confront him until Paleskin grabbed me, and we both exchanged brief looks with her shaking her head towards me, telling me to stop.

"So this is the visitor from beyond the stars.", these words surprised me and then I turned as Paleskin's hand still held me, and when I looked I saw a woman in red knelt in the field.

Beside her there was a white lamb that she was petting, rubbing and over all combing. It was marked with a red ribbon bowtie much like her handler that carried a farmer's cane.

"I have been expecting you for quite a while, Kirya Hennington.", she revealed that she knew my name.

 "Baa, Baa!", the sheep fled with a few farmers with pitchforks emerging from the meadows

"Baa, Baa!", the sheep fled with a few farmers with pitchforks emerging from the meadows. "If you are wondering, yes, your android has turned against you but not willingly, of course.", said Mary. "I infused her with the soul of one my dead farmers and so I made use of what she knows. It wasn't difficult for me to figure out she was a spy.", explained Mary.