Chapter Three: The Tale of Briar Rose

I repeatedly cut through the forest of thorns, brambles and branches. I constantly got caught up in them, especially the thorns that nagged onto my clothes, as I chopped my way through the forest. I then found what appeared to be a large farmstead in ruins and its fields all but in ruins from its farmyards to its vineyards for there was no light that shun down within the fields of nature. However, within this ruined building I saw three beds and a campfire that I found to be rather odd for it appeared as if it was recently used. I then looked to the table where I saw three bowls and in the center a large jar filled with honey. There were three chairs that appeared to be large which surrounded the table and each of them read from left to right; Papa, Mama, Baby. The last chair was the smallest and human sized off them that faced the back of the ruined farmhouse. I looked back to see what it said and it read 'Goldilocks' that made me wonder. I looked to one side of the farmhouse where there were three beds and each of them read from left to right; Papa, Mama and Baby once again. There was another bed carved into a tree with a ledge and beneath it I saw a different name that read 'Goldilocks'. It is then that I heard branches move through the forest and I reached for my pistol, stepping back into the shadows and waiting. It was then that a scarecrow kicked the door opened and walked in, snarling and growling at me with her scythes.

"Fuck...", I said before shooting her in the shoulder and this only grazed her as she just stepped forward like she was struck by a rock. "Bugger...", I said to myself before running into the opposite direction only for another scarecrow to drop from the ceiling, swinging her scythes at me as I backed away and my arm-blade struck her weapon.

They both then charged at me until one of them was struck by a bolt of white light that startled the other scarecrow that watched her friend burn before her eyes. The scarecrow ran around and fell into the fireplace that went ablaze the moment she landed into it. There were gale winds that moved throughout the room that knocked us all of balance and then large vines and roots that surrounded the house reached below for one of the scarecrows that it took hold off, pulling them and squeezing her against the wall as it began to choke her. I looked in horror and listened to the sound of voices of the scarecrows from the outside along with what sounded like an angry pack of bears that seemed to growl as the scarecrows grunted. The scarecrow that attacked me from the start then raised her scythes at me until her legs were entangled and she was grabbed hold off before being dragged over the ground. She dragged her claws over the ground, leaving marks from her own claws in desperation, and I watched her being dragged out of the door where I heard her choke and gurgle on her own blood after somebody had tore into her flesh. Her body dropped onto the ground and her claw into the door while her scythe dropped.

I remained where I was until I heard the footsteps step in and there she was a malfhi with golden blonde hair

I remained where I was until I heard the footsteps step in and there she was a malfhi with golden blonde hair. She has beaded hair-ties holding her hair up in two frilly parts that somewhat resembled bear ears, but you could barely seen it until she stepped closer to you for she wore a brown hood over her head and one could see the faint scar over her left eyebrow. She has gray eyes, fair skin, and wears a brown dress greatly resembling bear fur with a gown made of numerous mismatched strips of fabric. She is barefoot and both of her claws were razor sharp like a bears. She wore trinkets around her neck that seemed to be a collection of bear teeth and animal bones along with bone-like piercings that resembled the moon pierced in her long slender ears. She walked into the room with blood on her claws and three bears that followed behind her as she seemed to be looking down to my direction even though she was completely blind, and her tail moved and snarled at the three bears for that is how an elf communicated with her animal companions. The bears huff, chomped, woofed, growled, and barked to each other while her ears flickered to their sound. She stepped in front of me and I thought about reaching to my pistol until she spoke.