Chapter Eight: The Legacy of Rosamond

Captain Bloodthorne stared at the dwarf and reached for her knee with her hands as the water gathered around her hand only for Jack'ron Horner to wave his claw at the element of air that flew in the form of an eagle. The elemental had placed the urn down on a nearby table and he stepped on the Jager's knee as she yelled out in pain. He then squeezed down on her leg and she screamed in pain as Captain Drakwa smiled at what he saw. He lived through it and it looked like he would finally be returning home with his crew gaining even more recognition than ever.

"Goldi...", I shook my friend who remained unconscious and I reached for a blue vial that I opened only to pour its contents into her mouth, hoping to restore her manna.

I waited for a while until I heard more glass collapse from all around the tower and I breathed heavily, thinking that everything beneath my feet would certainly fall down as well and then I turned to see what I searched for since I began this journey. There she was, straight in front of me, before my very eyes; Briar Rose. She lay in her coffin in her deep state of sleep-like death and it was that an unholy shadow appeared before my eyes, a rift like a void in space, and from it emerged Talia Carabosse along with a broom that thrust its handle towards me that was the shape of a drill that functioned like a drill-bit. I leaped into the air and rolled over during my leap of faith as the broom traveled past underneath me and I landed onto my feet only for my body to spring up into the air, time itself reverting and the broom itself returning back to her. It was then that time would resume and I reached for my sickles before striking the spear-drill with both of my weapons that I would thrust down into the glass that it would drill through and shatter. I leaped backwards to see a hole in the ground and when I looked before my very eyes, Talia was gone and the coffin that held Briar was missing. I was then kicked in the back by Talia who pushed me towards the hole in the ground as the broom's flew upward before I leaned my head back only for it to fly past me. The broom's spear drilled through Talia that broke into pieces of broken glass and her remains shattered over the ground as the broom continued to fly.

"Kirya?", I heard Goldilocks call my name and I saw her hold her head as the broom flew back towards her general direction that made me rush towards her very quick

Goldilocks turned to see the spear of the broom thrust itself towards her and her eyes widened before I threw myself into her, pushing her over on the side as we slid over the ground and then I saw Talia stomp onto the ground with her feet that broke another piece of glass beneath us. Goldilocks dragged her claws over the ground and transformed into her tiger like form before she got up and clawed at Talia that shattered into many shards of broken glass.

"What is happening?!", I shouted while the broom flew towards me and Goldilocks waited patiently as it flew while I pushed myself up to stand, and before I knew it she somehow managed to snatch it and misdirect the broom before she pulled back on it.

She then thrust the broom over one of her knees and broke it in half as it dissipated into darkness, leaving behind nothing from which it came for it conjured and animated by arcane magic.