6. an uninvited guest

YN pov

 woke up with a pounding headache, a result of my exhaustion from work and missions the previous night.

"I just hope I don't encounter any uninvited guests today, or I'll really kill that shithead," I muttered to myself as I made my way downstairs.

In the basement cell, I met Khun Kinn. He asked, "How are you feeling, YN?"

"I'm feeling much better now, thank you for asking, Khun Kinn," I replied with a sweet smile. I glanced at Porsche, noticing the progress of my "ship". They had started dating recently, and I was over the moon about it. It was our little secret, as only I knew about their relationship.

However, my attention was quickly diverted when I saw a familiar figure – Tawan, Khun Kinn's ex.

At first, I was confused, as I remembered Khun Kinn shooting him because he was suspected of working for the Italians. Tawan gave me a pouting look, trying to appear cute.

"Bro, just stop. You look like Amber Heard when she was on trial," I muttered under my breath. Did I want to bang his head against the wall until he died? Heck yes, but could I do it? Unfortunately, no.

I felt really bad for Porsche, imagining how he must feel. It had only been a few days since he started dating someone he truly loved, and suddenly, his partner's ex popped out of nowhere. And yes, I was well aware of it.

Now, it had been a day since Tawan's return, and I entered the room in which he was staying in the main family compound. He was watching a movie when I walked in with food.

"The food is here," I announced and placed it on the table. "Aren't you going to eat?" I asked.

"I'm busy. What about you feed me?" Tawan replied, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Seriously?

I took the food and sat on the bed. "Here," I said, scooping up a spoonful and holding it near his mouth. He ignored it completely, and I could feel my frustration building.

"This shithead," I muttered under my breath. Taking a deep breath, I tried again, bringing the spoon closer to his mouth. This time, he ate it. Thank goodness. I really didn't have time for his antics right now.

After a while, I came out of Tawan's room and decided to grab a cup of coffee from the cafeteria. There, I spotted Arm, Pol, and Pete huddled together, engaged in what appeared to be a lively discussion. They always managed to look like a bunch of neighborhood gossiping aunties when they gathered like that.

"What's up, boys?" I greeted them as I sat down beside Pol.

"Even without my glasses, I can see 100 meters away. I never miss anything," Arm proclaimed, adjusting his glasses.

"Bro, you're really something," Pol chuckled.

"I have four eyes for a reason. Do you think I'll miss that?" Arm replied confidently.

"Yn!" Khun Kinn's voice interrupted our conversation.

"Yes, sir," I responded, and we all quickly stood up from our seats.

"Excuse me, sir. I have to go. I forgot to turn off the water," Arm said, offering a hasty excuse.

"Me too, sir," Pete and Pol chimed in simultaneously before making a hasty exit toward their rooms.

"Darn you all!" I muttered under my breath, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, sir," I apologized to Khun Kinn as I bowed my head.