10. don't fall for him!!

yn pov

I opened my eyes to find myself back home. The warmth I was feeling was from Lisu's embrace. I turned to her and hugged her tightly, exhausted and longing for a safe place where this agonizing pain would disappear. The cool breeze hit my face, and I felt at ease, sure that I would not be harmed again.

when we were in college LIsu saved me several times from bullies. she is the moon wrapped in my darkness yet she is my light.

"Liley... I'm tired,"

I said, my voice muffled in Lisu's embrace. Warm palms gently caressed my hair. Lisu didn't say a word back to me, so I let my flowing tears fall on her shirt. These were my tears of pain and weakness. Ever since we met each other, I rarely cried in front of her because I didn't want to cause trouble for her. But now, I really couldn't hold it back anymore. I hugged Lisu so tightly and for so long that I didn't even know how much time had passed. Eventually, the whole image disappeared from my vision. I slowly opened my eyes.

I woke in pain like someone was cutting my wounds over and over with a knife.

When I could fully focus on everything around me, the bliss I felt disappeared instantly. I was still in hell. I was lying on Vegas' large bed with brand new sheets.

There was a blanket covering my body and my left wrist was still firmly bound by the chain. I let out a deep sigh. It was all just a dream... It was so good that I didn't want to wake up. 'Cause I knew when I woke up, I had to face the painful truth again. The room was empty of people except for me, and Vegas was nowhere to be found. I glanced at the clock on the wall that told me it was already eleven o'clock in the morning.

A little light penetrated through the black curtains, further illuminated by the orange light of the lamp above the bed. I slowly raised myself. I got up and leaned against the bed's headboard until I noticed something was on my forehead.

It was a pad of kool fever

I slowly peeled off the fever-reducing sticker. It was completely dry, probably because I caught a fever last night. Wait... Was it Vegas who put this on me? The nerve of that man! I knew he didn't do it with good intentions. He was just afraid I was going to die and he'll lose his source of amusement. People like him have been evil since birth.

I scanned the room and saw the bedside table with a bowl of hot porridge and medicinal pills placed on it. The fragrant smell of rice wafted around until I felt hungry. I haven't eaten anything for the whole day. Or maybe I should just starve myself to death.

Dammit!

But even so, the dream of seeing Lisu's face I had last night made me feel like I wanted to keep living. I picked up the bowl of porridge and ate it. My eyes continued to I noticed that some items in the rooms were missing, including vases and lamps. Where are the tables and chairs that used to be on the balcony?

after a while, A familiar voice called out

"Are you awake?"

I jumped into paranoia before glancing at the person that just stepped into the bedroom...

"Vegas, let me go,"

I said even though my voice was still hoarse. My throat felt so dry and it was stinging and hurting.

"Wake up. You're doing great, Yn,"

Vegas, the bastard, was holding a pitcher and poured water into a glass. He smiled softly then turned to look at me with a sly smirk. His eyes flashed with satisfaction when he saw my condition. The more he stared at me, the more fear grew in my heart little by little. I raised my legs a bit and sat up. Even though my arms were still tied, I still wanted to find something to cover myself with or just make me feel a little bit safer.