13. chances

Tears streamed down your cheeks, a mix of overwhelming emotions flooding your senses. Yet amidst it all, there was a profound sense of contentment, a warmth that hadn't graced your heart in what felt like an eternity. "Aw, come here, baby, it's alright," Vegas' soothing voice reached your ears as he enveloped you in his arms, the rope now untied, setting you free. "Shh, everything is alright, gorgeous," he murmured, his embrace offering solace beyond words.

After the tender care, you found yourselves lying on the bed, nestled in each other's embrace, as if the tumultuous events had never unfolded. Wrapped in Vegas' arms, you felt a serenity wash over you, his presence a comforting balm to your soul. As the moon disappeared behind the thick clouds and the soothing pitter-patter of midnight rain filled the room, Vegas drew you closer, his touch sending shivers down your spine. In that moment, as you held onto him tighter, you realized you never wanted to let go, cherishing the warmth of his love and the security of his embrace.

────────────

When you awoke the next morning, the lingering chill from the previous night's rain still hung in the air, but it was accompanied by the sweet scent of damp soil, a fragrance you adored. Expecting to find Vegas beside you, you were surprised to discover that you were alone. "Vegas?" you called out, your voice echoing through the empty room, but there was no response. Concern gnawed at your heart as you quickly changed into his oversized t-shirt and sweatpants, tying your hair back in a loose bun.

Following the soft melody of "Only" by Lee Hi, you found yourself drawn to the inviting aroma emanating from the kitchen. There stood Vegas, transformed into a perfect gentleman, his presence casting a spell that turned him from a fearsome figure to a tender-hearted soul. "Good morning," you greeted him, and he flinched ever so slightly, his eyes brightening at the sight of you. "Oh, good morning," he replied, his smile illuminating the room.

Offering to assist, you were gently guided to a chair by Vegas, who insisted on serving you himself. As he placed a plate of French toast before you, a sense of warmth washed over you, filling the voids in your life with each bite. In that moment, it felt as though the missing pieces of your existence were slowly falling into place, and you couldn't help but feel a profound gratitude for the love that surrounded you.

────────────

I didn't do much today; I was just lying on the couch catching up on a few shows I missed. It was already late at night, around 9, and Vegas hadn't come to the safe house yet. I had already eaten dinner, so I started to get worried. I was in the bathroom in front of the sink when I heard footsteps and locked the door behind me, revealing Vegas.

"Oh god, Vegas, you scared me," I said, startled.

"Oh really?" he replied, picking me up and placing me on top of the sink counter. "Did you eat?" I asked. He hummed in response and took out a box from the top shelf, revealing a gorgeous pair of forest-green heels. He got on his knees and slowly slipped them onto my feet, looking at me with a soft smile.

"They're beautiful," I said, genuinely touched. "But why did you buy them for me?"

He got up, saying, "Well, remember a few months ago when Porsche first joined and you all took him to that function? He got in trouble, and you saved him by fighting her. Well, she told you broke your heels, and you were on the verge of killing her just because she broke your heels. So here, I got you new ones. I owed you one, considering I was the reason."

I was shocked, even though I had bought myself new ones. "Really? Wait, and it was you!!! That night! Oh god, I hate you; they were my favorite," I said, lightly punching him on his chest.

"Oh really? You hate me?" he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "But they're much prettier."

He laughed and picked me up in a bridal style, placing me gently on the bed beside him. I was still looking at my heels when he spoke up.

"Well, Yn, I think it's time for you to leave," he said.

"What?" I asked, shocked. "The main family is looking all around for you, and I got to know they might be close to the safe house. That stupid Tankhun," he said, cursing TanKhun under his breath. He is worried about losing you. He's had many chances in his life to make you his, and after all these chances, he's finally getting close to you. People want you away from him.

"I know it's hard to understand," he continued, his voice wavering slightly. "But it's not safe for you to stay here anymore. You have to go."

I could see the pain etched on his face, his eyes betraying the emotions he tried so hard to conceal. It was evident that he cared for me more than he let on, and the thought of letting me go was tearing him apart. But despite his inner turmoil, he knew it was the right thing to do.

As I cupped Vegas's face, I could feel the warmth of his skin beneath my fingertips, and for a moment, everything else faded away. I gently pressed my lips against his, a silent reassurance of my feelings for him, before pulling back slightly to meet his gaze.

"Vegas, it's okay," I whispered, my voice filled with sincerity. "I'll fight for myself, and I'll make sure they never find you. You'll be safe, I promise."

I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close in a comforting embrace. Despite the uncertainty of the future, I knew that as long as we were together, we could face anything that came our way.

"Now, let's get some rest," I said softly, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "It's been a long day, and we both need some sleep."

With that, we settled into each other's arms, finding solace in the warmth and comfort of our embrace, ready to face whatever challenges the future held, together. 

────────────

Vegas POV

the morning greeted me with an empty bed, a stark reminder of Y/n's absence. With a sense of unease creeping over me, I ventured into the kitchen, hoping to find some clue about her whereabouts.

There, on the countertop, lay a note, penned in her familiar handwriting:

"Dear Vegas,

Don't worry, by the time you read this note, I'll already be on my way to the main house. Just needed to take care of a few things. Get some rest, pretty boy.

Love, Y/n"

Reading her words, a mix of emotions washed over me. Relief that she had left a message, but also a surge of concern for her safety. Why did she feel the need to rush off alone? As questions swirled in my mind, I couldn't shake the feeling of urgency, propelling me to action.  

Fury ignited within me, a fiery storm fueled by a sense of helplessness. Why did the world conspire to tear Y/n away from me? My heart pounded with each passing moment of her absence, my mind racing with worry and frustration.

Glancing aside, I noticed her heels, a silent testament to her presence, yet a painful reminder of her sudden departure. Without hesitation, I swiftly packed my bags, determination coursing through my veins like a raging river.

With resolve hardened by love and concern, I hastened my steps, propelled by the urgency to ensure Y/n's safety. The minor family awaited my return, but my thoughts were consumed by the singular mission.